JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Beretta purchased Norma ammunition and the prices increased 40% even as the shelves were filling back up post scamdemic.

Beretta is a 500-year-old company, to assume they don't know what they are doing would be a mistake.

Beretta purchased Norma ammunition and the prices increased 40% even as the shelves were filling back up post scamdemic.

Beretta is a 500-year-old company, to assume they don't know what they are doing would be a mistake.
Isn't that a "problem" easily solved? Buy a different brand? Is there some reason people were willing to pay that kind of price for that one brand? :confused:

I was not aware that a similar thread exists.
However, Redundancy might not be a bad idea in this case.
Things are not well for this country right now.
Hay hay hay remember no more mean tweets, to heck with Americas Security / Economy/ Energy . Everyone is so Intolerant The buffoon in the White House is doing just what he said he would do ,
And anyone who voted for him voted for the destruction of my once Great Country.
There should be a law restricting non - Americans from owning American Businesses or land .

There I said it

Not sure where you are looking to find it hard to find? Took a quick look at a couple places I have bought from in the past and they have pages and pages of powder to choose from? Did someone "tell you" there is little? Some store had little?
Yah, available inventory is up. Prices are up as well, however nothing compared with primer scale.

Yah, available inventory is up. Prices are up as well, however nothing compared with primer scale.
Sadly I don't know of much that's not up and often up a lot. :(
Been a LONG time since I bought the powder I have so not sure what I paid. W231 has long been my main favorite. $36 a pound right now. I "think" I paid about low $20's last I bought some but, I was also paying $7 a box for 9mm ammo and $1.50 a gallon for gas then too and I sure as hell don't expect to see those prices again either. :(

I normally buy powder in the 8 pound kegs.

That way......when the price goes up, I don't feel so bad. Because, by the time I need to replace it, I've already forgotten the last price that I paid. Rrrrrrright.......

Or maybe.....it's a sign to buy more, next time? LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Threat to ammo security...Of course. Nothing new here.

Be it...

Overseas buyer of an American company....
Corporate raiders , who loot the company till it bleeds dry , all while having the quality control go downhill fast....
Laws , bans , requirements , restrictions and the like , which consistently sprout up like dandelions after a summer rain....
Classified sellers who ask retail or higher prices on their "used" as in previously bought ammo...
None of the above should come as a surprise.

Buy what you can , whenever you can.
Bulk ammo is always nice...but just with buying a box or two occasionally , you will be surprised at how fast it can add up.
Andy

Did not find that flavor at either Graf or Midway but those were the only two I looked at. They do both have several flavors of Alliant if one of them will work. They both have a LOT of powder right now so I have to "guess" they can't be the only ones who have the stuff.
Just my opinion from reloading for the last 50 years but it looks like fewer and fewer companies make powder in the USA. Hodgdon bought out all but Alliance and eliminated a number of powders that will never return.

If you compare the burn rates it looks like they have thinned out a number of powders that are close.

IMR powders have been thinned out and some of my favorites gone for good.

If they sell all our powder manufacturers out to overseas companies then there is no guarantee we will have powder.

Just my opinion from reloading for the last 50 years but it looks like fewer and fewer companies make powder in the USA. Hodgdon bought out all but Alliance and eliminated a number of powders that will never return.

If you compare the burn rates it looks like they have thinned out a number of powders that are close.

IMR powders have been thinned out and some of my favorites gone for good.

If they sell all our powder manufacturers out to overseas companies then there is no guarantee we will have powder.
Hell nothing in this life comes with any kind of promise. The one "upside"? People want to make money. So as long as people want to buy something? Someone is going to be selling it. I got into rolling my own back in the 70's. The first thing that had my head swimming was the damn sections of powders. I ended up sticking with W231 as it was so useful to me but even in the calibers I load the choices were amazing. For a while I was dabbling in a pound of this or a pound of that. Finally decided why bother. Now for rifle calibers and people who love to bench differing loads? Hell they can spend a lifetime playing. I can see why as companies get bigger they are going to get rid of some of the choices that are so damn close to each other as to be a waste of their time. I have enough right now to last me the rest of my life. When the getting is good the thing to do is buy as much as they will sell in one shipment. This mitigates the Haz-Mat fee. For those who can't use that much find a buddy or two to share. Stored properly the powder will live longer than any of us. :D

Hell nothing in this life comes with any kind of promise. The one "upside"? People want to make money. So as long as people want to buy something? Someone is going to be selling it. I got into rolling my own back in the 70's. The first thing that had my head swimming was the damn sections of powders. I ended up sticking with W231 as it was so useful to me but even in the calibers I load the choices were amazing. For a while I was dabbling in a pound of this or a pound of that. Finally decided why bother. Now for rifle calibers and people who love to bench differing loads? Hell they can spend a lifetime playing. I can see why as companies get bigger they are going to get rid of some of the choices that are so damn close to each other as to be a waste of their time. I have enough right now to last me the rest of my life. When the getting is good the thing to do is buy as much as they will sell in one shipment. This mitigates the Haz-Mat fee. For those who can't use that much find a buddy or two to share. Stored properly the powder will live longer than any of us. :D
I too can understand why a business cuts production of some powders or why a business cuts some guns or ammo. Just make the best sellers so the profits are steady. WW231 is a great powder that's been with us a long time so of course it sells well. It's good enough for a lot of applications so probably don't need any of the others close to its burning rate.
Unfortunately there is more to reloading than burning rates.

Good luck and have a great weekend.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top