JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
A couple of years ago I was also looking for a replacement 722 walnut stock and started to read up on what it would take to retrofit my rifle and there is a lot more to it then just dropping one in.
I had picked up a 722 in .257 Roberts with a very good bore and finish, but the stock had been severely cut down for a grandson and Gramps had inconveniently discarded the take off and then later on when the kid got bigger, he used a couple of lag bolts and a hunk of some other butt stock to make it long again, plus he used some foam carpet padding and duct tape to bubba up a recoil pad.
I found this rifle on Craigslist for only $85.00 and started looking on the web for a 700 SA stock to retrofit and one Sunday morning I just happened to find a NOS deluxe walnut Remington 722 stock on eBay with minutes to spare that had only one bid on it, and I scalped it at 5:30 in the morning for only $78.00.
I did replace the trigger for an adjustable model 700 one and after bedding the action it's a tack driver.
I'll keep a look out for one.

remington 722 001.JPG

Last Edited:
A couple of years ago I was also looking for a replacement 722 walnut stock and started to read up on what it would take to retrofit my rifle and there is a lot more to it then just dropping one in.
I had picked up a 722 in .257 Roberts with a very good bore and finish, but the stock had been severely cut down for a grandson and Gramps had inconveniently discarded the take off and then later on when the kid got bigger, he used a couple of lag bolts and a hunk of some other butt stock to make it long again, plus he used some foam carpet padding and duct tape to bubba up a recoil pad.
I had found this rifle on Craigslist for only $85.00 and started looking on the web for a 700 SA stock to retrofit and one Sunday morning I just happened to find a NOS deluxe walnut Remington 722 stock on eBay with minutes to spare that had only one bid on it, and I scalped it at 5:30 in the morning for only $78.00.
I did replace the trigger for an adjustable model 700 one and after bedding the action it's a tack driver.

View attachment 401989
I had found this rifle on Craigslist for only $85.00 and started looking on the web for a 700 SA stock to retrofit and one Sunday morning I just happened to find a NOS deluxe walnut Remington 722 stock on eBay with minutes to spare that had only one bid on it, and I scalped it at 5:30 in the morning for only $78.00.

View attachment 401989

View attachment 401989
Thanks. And beautiful rifle you have there.

One problem I encountered when switching to a 700 trigger was that the original 722 trigger guard rear radius was positioned more forward and it impacted the new 700 trigger, so I took a hard rubber mallet and not to gently moved it backwards a bit.
If you look closely at the pic you can see how close it is to the guard.
Most folks swap out the original 722 ADL assembly for a 700 BDL, but that involves even more adjustments to the stock.
It does make it more friendly for winter gloves though.

GunBroker has a used one starting at $125.00. It doesn't say whether it's an SA or not.

Item # 713247451

Amazon has synthetic stocks for cheap.

Price: $108.86 & FREE Shipping.

Champion Traps and Targets Remington 700 BDL/722 Short Action Stock, Black

Price: $108.86 & FREE Shipping. Details

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews