JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
A couple of years ago I was also looking for a replacement 722 walnut stock and started to read up on what it would take to retrofit my rifle and there is a lot more to it then just dropping one in.
I had picked up a 722 in .257 Roberts with a very good bore and finish, but the stock had been severely cut down for a grandson and Gramps had inconveniently discarded the take off and then later on when the kid got bigger, he used a couple of lag bolts and a hunk of some other butt stock to make it long again, plus he used some foam carpet padding and duct tape to bubba up a recoil pad.
I found this rifle on Craigslist for only $85.00 and started looking on the web for a 700 SA stock to retrofit and one Sunday morning I just happened to find a NOS deluxe walnut Remington 722 stock on eBay with minutes to spare that had only one bid on it, and I scalped it at 5:30 in the morning for only $78.00.
I did replace the trigger for an adjustable model 700 one and after bedding the action it's a tack driver.
I'll keep a look out for one.

remington 722 001.JPG

Last Edited:
A couple of years ago I was also looking for a replacement 722 walnut stock and started to read up on what it would take to retrofit my rifle and there is a lot more to it then just dropping one in.
I had picked up a 722 in .257 Roberts with a very good bore and finish, but the stock had been severely cut down for a grandson and Gramps had inconveniently discarded the take off and then later on when the kid got bigger, he used a couple of lag bolts and a hunk of some other butt stock to make it long again, plus he used some foam carpet padding and duct tape to bubba up a recoil pad.
I had found this rifle on Craigslist for only $85.00 and started looking on the web for a 700 SA stock to retrofit and one Sunday morning I just happened to find a NOS deluxe walnut Remington 722 stock on eBay with minutes to spare that had only one bid on it, and I scalped it at 5:30 in the morning for only $78.00.
I did replace the trigger for an adjustable model 700 one and after bedding the action it's a tack driver.

View attachment 401989
I had found this rifle on Craigslist for only $85.00 and started looking on the web for a 700 SA stock to retrofit and one Sunday morning I just happened to find a NOS deluxe walnut Remington 722 stock on eBay with minutes to spare that had only one bid on it, and I scalped it at 5:30 in the morning for only $78.00.

View attachment 401989

View attachment 401989
Thanks. And beautiful rifle you have there.

One problem I encountered when switching to a 700 trigger was that the original 722 trigger guard rear radius was positioned more forward and it impacted the new 700 trigger, so I took a hard rubber mallet and not to gently moved it backwards a bit.
If you look closely at the pic you can see how close it is to the guard.
Most folks swap out the original 722 ADL assembly for a 700 BDL, but that involves even more adjustments to the stock.
It does make it more friendly for winter gloves though.

GunBroker has a used one starting at $125.00. It doesn't say whether it's an SA or not.

Item # 713247451

Amazon has synthetic stocks for cheap.

Price: $108.86 & FREE Shipping.

Champion Traps and Targets Remington 700 BDL/722 Short Action Stock, Black

Price: $108.86 & FREE Shipping. Details

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top