JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tried them in a .30-30 bolt gun that had a great reputation for accuracy and precision, when one box came with the gun, and a friend gave me a second box.

They wouldn't group for beans. They certainly wouldn't group well enough to chuck/rat hunt with, at anything over about 50 yds.

Never bought another box.

Good luck with your sale. Why don't you try the "Ammo/Reloading For Sale" section?

LOL, I remember when these were the rumored "rage" in sniper bullets because they were untraceable... Never mind that you cant hit a pie plate at 100 yards. Such a gimmick.

LOL, I remember when these were the rumored "rage" in sniper bullets because they were untraceable... Never mind that you cant hit a pie plate at 100 yards. Such a gimmick.

Hey, hand loaded versions can get up their in the 4k fps range. Unfortunately, this just means that the bullet will get to the wrong place quicker. Makes for some nice numbers on a chrono though---- provided that the sabot doesn't wipe the unit out.

I would love to see the flight path on one of these at 4k... the thing would have to tumble almost instantly, and would likely slice worse than some hack golfer in a hurricane.

I would love to see the flight path on one of these at 4k... the thing would have to tumble almost instantly, and would likely slice worse than some hack golfer in a hurricane.

Actually, if you run this combo through the bullet stability calculator at JBM, when shot through a 1:10 bbl which is pretty common in 06's it shows a stability factor of 2.02 which is great. The accuracy issue with these is the sabot and when it separates from the bullet. There's no way to assure that everything happens at the same time, every time. Figure that part out and they probably could be accurate enough but why bother with all the other options. Of course shooting a sabot/bullet combo does cut down on barrel wear from friction:cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top