JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did a brief function test of a sample of my Remington "Bucket of Bullets" that I lucked into on the 4th of July at the Hermiston Bi-Mart. Having had lots of issues with previous Remington bulk pack .22's in the past, I was a little leery but could not pass up the opportunity to pick up 1400 rounds of .22 long rifle ammo for $54.97. I loaded up 4 mags for my Ruger 22/45 and a 25 round mag for my S&W M&P 15-22, along with a 10 rounder for the S&W. They all fired and functioned fine, to my surprise. Certainly far more reliable than my Winchester Supreme .17HMR ammo in my Savage. The bucket label said "New and Improved", maybe, just maybe, it really is. Will test for accuracy on a less windy day. But for now, I am pretty pleased.

I havn't seen a box of Remington Goldens in a long time. But for me, the gun either liked them or hated them. My semi-auto Rugers absolutely ate them up, all of them. My AR-15 with .22 conversion choked on everyone of them. Really depended on the gun in my experience. The other problem with Remington .22's are duds, be nice if they fixed that one.

I never tried the new and improved but I have tried the earlier ones thru my 15-22 with good results, NO FTFs, but the are extremely dirty. Probaly the dirtest 22lr I have shot.

Hope this isn't Hi-Jacking this thread........ Wife and I both picked up a box of the Remington Bulk pack tonight at BiMart. First time I'd seen .22 at Sandy location in 6 months. Got home and noticed that you can spin the bullets in the cases like they were screwed in except they don't unscrew. Is this normal for some .22 types? Some how I'm thinking this loose fit would at the least cause loss of velocity and at worse ?? Don't ever notice seeing this with the CCI that I like but can't find anymore.

Alot of people trash the golden but my 10/22 loves them but you do get the duds here and there. The run alot better then the Winchester m22. Wish I could find some blazer again never had an issue with them.

I never tried the new and improved but I have tried the earlier ones thru my 15-22 with good results, NO FTFs, but the are extremely dirty. Probaly the dirtest 22lr I have shot.

Nearly all 22lr is notoriously dirty. It is just the way things are.

This Remington stuff works fine in all my guns. Both Umarex 1911's, all my 10-22's, even in my old mk I Ruger standard, and the wife's Walther PP.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top