JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know where I can get some classroom instruction on reloading. I have all the reloading equipment and I have a novice level understanding of reloading, but I would prefer to actually learn from an experienced reloader on how-to reload rifle rounds. I do have experience with reloading thousands of .45 ACP and .40 rounds, but rifle rounds are a slightly different beast. I would like to get to the point of learning some advanced reloading techniques once I get my basics down. Below are the presses I own. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1. Dillon 650
2. Lymon Single Stage Orange Crusher

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Iz

Sportsman Warehouse has reloading classes at some of their stores. I was in Medford last week and that store offered basic and advance classes.

Try contacting John Huey on here as JohnH. I took a reloading class from him with my dad a few years ago and he was very informative. He had a single stage setup, and a big progressive one. He also sold brass and reloading supplies.

I left a message on his business number late last week, but I haven't heard back. I will try him again this week. Thank you though. I also had someone contact me from the Vancouver area that stated he might be willing to assist me also, so I really appreciate all the leads and info you all have provided!

Iz

Redding has a really good DVD on reloading. I think David Tubb is the instrutor. They have a basic and an advanced version. If I knew where my copies were I would mail them to you. Pretty sure they are still loaned out to someone though...haven't seen them in a few years.

YouTube is great and I've utilized that source for a lot, but there's something to be said about in person training from an experienced reloader. I've reloaded plenty of handgun rounds that I learned from videos, but for rifle I would prefer hands on and in-person instruction.
If videos are the only option than I would make it work, but I have to believe there are people out there that are experienced and enjoy instructing.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Iz

The sportsmans in Hillsboro plans to do lessons soon. Just don't ask me how I know.

Man, I really need to get some class dates figured out now that weather is starting to get nice again......

I'd be interested in rifle as well. I just got my dies for .223/.308 for my Dillon 550b. I taught myself pistol but would love learning from someone who knows what they are doing.

When you get some dates figured out, let us know. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top