JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am going to build a cabinet to house all the different calibers, powders, primers, and bullets for each of my long guns. Trying to come up with an idea how to lay it out, and apparently, I am not creative enough. This is what I have so far..
5ujadery.jpg

The bottom will hold 4 of the MTM 100round boxes, or two 855 ammo cans, the 3 boards are meant as a stand in for dies and the powder is kinda obvious. At the opposite end will be a narrow (6"+/-) set of shelves for primers.

Is this stupid, or is it just me over thinking it? (Usually is,lol)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Boxes and bags stacked on the floor is not proper ?

I must correct that.

Sometime.

Because it's on the floor recommend you use drawer glides for the shelves. It will make it so much easier to use all the space in your cabinets and get to everything easily.
I have something 1/3 that size, mounted on the wall at eye level, and it holds all my reloading supplies nicely. Ammo and tools go elsewhere.

Because it's on the floor recommend you use drawer glides for the shelves. It will make it so much easier to use all the space in your cabinets and get to everything easily.
I have something 1/3 that size, mounted on the wall at eye level, and it holds all my reloading supplies nicely. Ammo and tools go elsewhere.

Oh, that's just where I am assembling it at work. It is going on a bench top that I purposely built extra wide to hold a cabinet like this.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

If my loading bench wasn't such a disaster ATM (I had to unbolt the presses so I could work on an axle that is currently eating the bench), I would take some photos.

I used several "classes" of storage, I keep my dies in one place, I keep toolheads for the 550 and 650 on pin holders, all my random tools in a tool box.

For my die boxes, most of my dies are RCBS, so I've kinda standardized on that box, right now I typically have 2 of those south african .308 ammo cans stood on edge that I keep dies in (makes it easier to pack up and move, just snap the lid on and pack!), the tool box sits along with the dies on the upper part of the bench. I don't store my powder or primers on/near the bench, those live in two type 04 magazines that I set up to look like a mini refrigerator made out of wood that sits behind me when I'm loading.

If you're going to all the trouble to "make" a cabinet, simply make the walls 1" thick wood and now it's a "magazine".

Build it three times the size you think you need!

Amen. I built a bench from the plans supplied years ago by the NRMA shown here:

<broken link removed>

I now have totally filled it, even to the point of adding shelves and hanging bins on the ends. Had to add some steel shelf storage that I purchased at Costco.

Reloading is a lot like the statement "Build it and they will come". You build the space and in no time at all you'll have it filled with "new purchases".

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top