JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree with @ron 100%. No need for small base sizer die and no need for taper crimp. I've reloaded thousands of .223 with regular sizer die and no cramp. Check out Glen Zedicker for the best information on reloading .223/5.56 and .308/7.62.
For anyone that uses standard dies vs. SB dies be sure to follow the manufacturers procedure for setting up the sizing die for proper "cam over" to properly size the case head. Even .001 "short" will give you chambering headaches! A chamber gage is almost a must for high volume shooters! :)

I've reloaded over 20,000 .223 rounds, that were mostly shot in matches. Have not had any failures with regard to chambering. I did however have one case head separation with the .223. I have had more case separations with the .308 in the M1A. The M1A is hard on brass. I do use an RCBS Precision Mic for both calibers and constantly check the brass to make sure it is being sized properly. I only load the brass 5 times and then it goes into the scrap bucket.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top