JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know people have waited longer than I have, I'm just on business day 11, 15 calendar days.
I bought a revolver I want to take camping on Tuesday and I have no idea if I'll have it. I remember in the 90's the everybody being upset about 5 day waiting periods. I feel like the NRA has done jack squat to help us here in Washington.
I was vetted to get my CCW permit when I renewed it late this year.
I've been vetted a few times this year for firearm purchases.
This is a ridiculous waste of time and tax payer money.

At what point do you think waiting on a background check is infringing upon your rights?

I have a CPL, and I believe that my 2A rights have been infringed if I am prevented from walking out of the store with my purchase on the same trip I made to buy it.

I also believe that having to apply for and possess a CPL in order to carry my handgun concealed is also an infringement of my 2A rights.

I further believe that having to even submit to a BGC is also an infringement of my 2A rights.

I extend that belief to having to complete a Form 4473 is also an infringement of my 2A rights.

I believe that about covers my thoughts on the matter. Thanks for asking...

Last Edited:
I would say the minute you have to fill out any sort of paperwork.

What's that saying.....

Why is the 2nd Amendment that only Constitutional Right that you have to have a permit to use?

Having a background check is already an infringement.

As long as we have politicians and judges that propagate such restrictions, and as long as we elect such officials thinking such laws are no big deal, it will only get worse.

Well, the FFL has the background check back. I get to pick up my purchase.
If you buy another handgun ask the dealer if he will release the pistol to you after ten business days pass with no LE response. If he says no go to another dealer that will. Getting the cheapest price is not always the best deal. Coastal Farm & Ranch here tried to tell me no dealer would do that. When I told him of at least two local shops that would and turned to leave you could see the smoke coming out his ears. Store policy is not law. Too bad as sometimes their prices are not bad.

If you buy another handgun ask the dealer if he will release the pistol to you after ten business days pass with no LE response. If he says no go to another dealer that will. Getting the cheapest price is not always the best deal. Coastal Farm & Ranch here tried to tell me no dealer would do that. When I told him of at least two local shops that would and turned to leave you could see the smoke coming out his ears. Store policy is not law. Too bad as sometimes their prices are not bad.

No sense taking out pisspoor corporate policy on guys & gals whom have zero to do with such.

IMO.

Don't like the policy, don't shop there. For sure. Tell corporate. Or don't.

I'd say that your RIGHTS were infringed.......the moment that you started filling out paperwork.

Could you imagine filling out papers just.....
To go to church?
To gather in a group?
To speak freely about politics amongst friends and/or enemies?
To publish an article, flyer, opinion, news?

Aloha, Mark

I know people have waited longer than I have, I'm just on business day 11, 15 calendar days.
I bought a revolver I want to take camping on Tuesday and I have no idea if I'll have it. I remember in the 90's the everybody being upset about 5 day waiting periods. I feel like the NRA has done jack squat to help us here in Washington.
I was vetted to get my CCW permit when I renewed it late this year.
I've been vetted a few times this year for firearm purchases.
This is a ridiculous waste of time and tax payer money.

At what point do you think waiting on a background check is infringing upon your rights?

Sounds like everything is going according to THEIR plan. o_O

For me, the primary issue is the recording/reporting of the make/model and serial # of the firearm, which IMO amounts to registration. Slightly secondary to that is the reporting of my name/address/etc.

Both of these serve as a deterrent to purchasing firearms, which is an infringement on my rights. Also, an infringement on my rights: I have the fear that someday the government will come knocking on my door as part of a general confiscation of firearms.

So, at what point do BGCs infringe on my rights? Before they even take place.

I have a CPL which guarantees I am not a convicted: felon, stalker, domestic abuser, and have never been committed to a mental institution.

I should be able to walk out with any gun I buy the same day. This "background check" is nothing more than just conditioning the populace to be complacent while their rights are further infringed upon. How do you eat an elephant? - one bite at a time. How do you strip Americans of their rights and get them used to living in a totalitarian state - one new law at a time.

tI've never trusted the dept of license. Being registered in a registry for firearms or on a list for firearm owners, it basically amounts to the same. Due to the nature of the subject (firearms), giving my information to a director who is appointed doesn't sit well with me especially since the DMV was caught selling driving license info to private parties.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top