JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have you ever tried to service your trusty friend (fishing reel), you know that sexy low profile one that has been with you for a few hassle free years and find out you are not the rock star of the reel servicing world as you are in the steelhead slaying world?:confused:

I finally found a reel repair guy that has great credentials and is semi close to home (I have to go to the big ugly city once in a while anyways). So I took my trusted friend to him (disassembled in a plastic margarine tub).:oops:
The first thing he does after shaking my hand with a hearty greeting is to look down at what I have in my hand, looks me in the eye then looks back at what I have in my hand and asks "how many ya got in there"? BWAHHAAA he scoffed!!!!:oops:
Being caught a little bit off guard (I don't know this guy from Adam) I sheepishly say "only one but it is totally disassembled..... but I have the original schematic..... BWAHHAAA!!!! Lot o good that'll do me he says..... It cost $110 extra to assemble an disassembled reel.... I ask him to repeat that last statement because, as you know I'm hard of hearing, he repeats it just as I had heard, read his lips & watched his body language (the way deaf people are taught to cypher information without using the ears).....
I must have had the "Deer in the headlights" look because he then touched my arm and said
"I'M KIDDING"!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: His wife, who sitting close buy did not look amused for some reason...... I'm sure if he does a good job and I bring him more work I'll get the skinny on that.
Them old pharts are the worst for messin with peoples brains I'll tell ya (I am too, I'm the court jester with a twist).
He said he once got an old coffee can with 3 disassembled and different brand reels.....:eek:

I need to go to reel repair school for low profile reels, I service all my round Abu reels with no problem but them new fangled thingys are a PITA!!!!o_O

I'll stick with My Ambassadeur 1500, 2500, 5000 and 6000/6500 series and a Couple of the new Pfleuger Supremes. Tough and easy to maintain and outcast anything out there.:)

Yeah, I got one of those Revo STX also, awesome casting and good drag. The Citica 201E is the one that needs the reel surgeon...o_O

Like I said I can service the fleet of 5500's & 5501's easily. Just did a 5000c earlier....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top