JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Came across this bizarre, to me, reel. Johnson Model 80. These things are being sold on Ebay for 20 to 30 bucks each, so not rare. Line comes out the side. Push the button under the crank to put it on free spool. This can't be the only bizarre reel. Would like to see any others out there.

i80-1.jpg j80-2.jpg

Thank you.

Lots of fish caught on them. I remember many trips as a boy going camping around the base of Mt. St. Helens....Spirit Lake...Cougar campground. All gone....literally now.

When granddad passed, grandma gave all the fishing gear to me. I have the fishing poles that the reels resided on, hanging on the wall, the weaved kreel, worm box, and tackle box just as granddad left it. Good times remembered ;)

image.jpg The Alvie fishing reel, looks like a big fly or mooching reel huh?
Nope, flick the switch and turn in .90 degrees on the rod like a spinning reel- cast and then pivot back.
It's a one to one ratio when reeling in but holds almost all long distance casting records.
Another odd ball.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads