JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thanks in advance for any help. Looking to get into a low cost ($100ish new or used) fall salmon rod and reel. Like a spinning setup over a caster and would prefer a 9+ foot pole. Bank fishing the Nestucca, Alsea, Salmon river will be where most of the fishing is going to happen but do sometime go in a small boat in the same rivers. Any help would be great or if ya have one ya want to sell or trade shoot me a pm.

Another option is to check the local Bi Mart, some of the sales they have there are amazing.

I got a 9'6" lamiglas medium action spinning rod for about 85 dollars. There were some medium heavy action rods rods there as well in a similar price range. The only recommendation I would make for a reel though would be the Mitchell 300. They won't break the bank, and are nothing fancy but they are built like a tank (as a matter a fact if you can find an older one say early to mid 80s vintage even better).

Okuma rods and reels are relatively inexpensive, if buying new they are at Bi-Mart. Check out garage sales. I was at one this last weekend and the guy must have had twenty rod and reel combinations for sale...nothing over $20!

I have always had good luck with Okuma rods at least up till last week. Was on the Siuslaw and hooked a King with a 8.6 Okuma Celio baitacster rod, played the fish for about two minutes before (1) the tip broke and (2) the rod snapped in half. This rod had been used maybe twice before and I am failry anal about taking care of my equipment. Fish was approx 18 lbs (guesstimate). Okuma will replace the rod but it still sucks. Next one will probably be an Ugly Stick at least for the boat! Could happen to anyone at anytime but it was a 1st in many, many years of fishing for me.

PM me, for an email of my liquidation of mostly all Steelhead and Salmon gear.
This is all the best and brand new, no junk, and mostly not made anymore (like 1995 vintage Birdy Drifters in the correct size and colors) and Lamiglass SpringChinookSpecial rod {& others}; Diawa CVX reels; Quantum & Pfleuger spin reels; plugs/hardware; etc.

I just got too old to do it on the riverbank anymore, but i do fondly remember all those 60+ Steelhead seasons on the coast.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top