WTS WA Redding powder and bullet scale

Discussion in 'Reloading Classifieds' started by Gassyman, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Gassyman

Gassyman
    Vancouver, WA

Selling a 1960's vintage Redding powder and bullet scale. Complete with box. $25

DSCN3301.JPG
    DSCN3300.JPG

Thanks for looking!:)

Dave

Used To Hunt and Mooseman like this.
  2. mcfoto

mcfoto
    Newberg

I was going to offer you the $11.97 that's on the box until I looked it up and that's $95 in 1965 money!

iusmc2002 and Gassyman like this.
  3. TheGameMaster

TheGameMaster
    Portland, OR

I broke my RCBS 505 a while back and got one of these off ebay. I actually like this one better than my RCBS. The oil well types seem to be faster at leveling than the magnetic ones, in my experience. I don't see the paddle for the oil well on this one. Is it missing?

4. Gassyman

Gassyman
    Vancouver, WA

This is my late father’s scale. Directions for use are on the box cover. There is no mention of an “oil well”. I have used it in the past and compared bullet and powder weights on a digital aircraft parts scale. It proves to be very accurate and within manufacturer accuracy limits. Now you know what I know... I used this for developing loads, not for speed measuring. Thanks for looking!

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. DLS

DLS
    Battle Ground, WA
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I started loading with a scale like this. It had a damping oil well that TheGameMaster is talking about. If memory serves me well, I think the "post" that supports the beam pivot was about 50% wider than the one on the pictured scale. That would provide room for the well.

6. Mooseman

Mooseman
    Somewhere Between Alaska and Oklahoma

I've used the same scale like that for over 30 years... it is bouncy because it has no oil damper system but it works ! Its a pre-oil dampened Model .
    I like that is has a smaller footprint on my bench than my bigger scales !
    Mine shows lots of wear....