JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol well the way I look at it is if I have to remove my scope or red dot then put it back on that's a excuse to go shooting and re site it lol

What's the difference? I have a vortex sparc and like it but I need a second sight for another AR. I do have a slight astigmatism and the dot on my sparc is kind of starry but it doesn't bother me much. Reason I'm curious about the difference though is I have a chance yo get an eotech 512 for around $230ish or a exps2.0 for just under or right around $300ish. Or maybe it's just the xps2.0...not sure but either way I'm just wondering if the eotech are worth it or do most think they are over rated? Are they that much different than the vortex sparc? I know the dot has the ghost ring thing around it but what else is different. Exuse my ignorance on the subject, I'm kind of new to the world of red dots and such. Also palmeto has the sparc with 10pmags included so that's pretty sweet.
After all three of my eotech failed, 511,512, and a xps2 I don't think I will ever buy their product again. My AimPoint T1 is running 5 years strong on the same battery that came with it. My aimpoint pro I also like a lot. Since I moved to competition shooting I mostly use a 1- 8x scope by Trijicon.

Guys, red dots and the like are for up close and personal work. Yeah, you CAN hit at 2-300 if need be. But let's not forget why we run them on a rifle. Quick, simple and accurate for SD situations. I agree that Vortex dots tend to run a bit starry. True. But at minute of bad guy they work and are affordable options.

There is plenty of info on the difference between them, in my opinion I like rds better then hws in regards to both entry level and more expensive examples. Being said I do really like my eotech 512.A56 but I like my aimpoint pro better. My advice is play with both, what works best for me might be worst for you. Good luck!

The major difference is the technology used to create the reticle on the optic. The appearance of the reticle is also very different. I prefer using a red dot sights over Holographic sights because the reticle is more crisp and clean. That said, I know some others prefer the kind of faded (almost grainy) reticle on a holographic sight. You just have to try them both out and see what works best with your eye.

necropost.jpg

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR