JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok I have a Glock 19, 48MOS, and 43X. Looking for recommendations on a red dot for the 48. As well as replacement sights for all 3. Never shot a pistol with a RDS before. From what I've been reading there's definitely a learning curve. Thanks in advance!

I had a Holosun EPS on my G43X MOS for awhile. I liked it but am looking to sell it because I prefer iron sights.

I prefer closed emitters.

71278357734__C4F44EBC-5E03-4D56-90A5-403039AD6CB2.jpeg

That's what I'm hearing from many others about red dots. In a self defense type scenario irons are better.
Red dots are awesome. But for EDC I prefer just irons. As far as iron sights go I use ameriglo blacked out irons. I don't like fiber optics or tritium night sights personally.

From what I've been reading there's definitely a learning curve.
It depends on your intended purpose.
I think the "learning curve" you are referring to regards being able to quickly unholster a concealed handgun and have the dot accurately aimed at your target or getting the dot back on target after the recoil from a previous shot.
There is very little learning curve to simply target shoot with a dot at a slow or medium pace (bullseye shooting).
I have three handguns that I shot with original iron sights, upgraded to fiber optic iron sights and then shot all three with a RDS. I shoot more precisely with a dot on all of them, especially past 15 yards. I have found I prefer a smaller dot size like 2 MOA over a larger 6 MOA.
As far as iron sights, my eyes prefer a fiber optic front (green) with blacked out rear over other options.
For a defensive carry gun, I am comfortable with or without a RDS.
You will have to trial and error to find what you prefer.

It depends on your intended purpose.
I think the "learning curve" you are referring to regards being able to quickly unholster a concealed handgun and have the dot accurately aimed at your target or getting the dot back on target after the recoil from a previous shot.
There is very little learning curve to simply target shoot with a dot at a slow or medium pace (bullseye shooting).
I have three handguns that I shot with original iron sights, upgraded to fiber optic iron sights and then shot all three with a RDS. I shoot more precisely with a dot on all of them, especially past 15 yards. I have found I prefer a smaller dot size like 2 MOA over a larger 6 MOA.
As far as iron sights, my eyes prefer a fiber optic front (green) with blacked out rear over other options.
For a defensive carry gun, I am comfortable with or without a RDS.
You will have to trial and error to find what you prefer.
Well definitely with the 43X and 48 concealed carry. And probably the 19 for winter carry. I'd like to put a weapon light on both the 19 and 48.

Well definitely with the 43X and 48 concealed carry. And probably the 19 for winter carry. I'd like to put a weapon light on both the 19 and 48.
For the 48 I would use a Streamlight TLR7sub.
For the 19 I would use a Surefire X300U.

Stay away from olights and other Amazon specials.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top