JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's the difference? I have a vortex sparc and like it but I need a second sight for another AR. I do have a slight astigmatism and the dot on my sparc is kind of starry but it doesn't bother me much. Reason I'm curious about the difference though is I have a chance yo get an eotech 512 for around $230ish or a exps2.0 for just under or right around $300ish. Or maybe it's just the xps2.0...not sure but either way I'm just wondering if the eotech are worth it or do most think they are over rated? Are they that much different than the vortex sparc? I know the dot has the ghost ring thing around it but what else is different. Exuse my ignorance on the subject, I'm kind of new to the world of red dots and such. Also palmeto has the sparc with 10pmags included so that's pretty sweet.
I have a vortex spark also on my 300 black out but I have a crimson Trace linq Lazer on the same gun mmmm over kill probably the spark is sighted for 50 yards out the Lazer is sighted for 25 yards and the crimson Trace linq has a light also this is my home defense rifle from my front door to the front door of my neighbors house across the street is 52 yards lol yes I know how far it is I have a range finder and I know

And I got some very exspesive hunting ammo in my 300 black out gun so the CRACK HEAD OR NEEDLE JUNKIE THAT TEST ME will not survive one shot

Three or four will make it look like you were truly in fear of your life. If just one the DA might try and say you weren't afraid. BS argument, but hey, liberals and courts suck.

Ended up deciding to pass on it...after doing tons of research on it I decided to not support that company. All that crap that happened with them a couple years ago I had no clue about. I've decided to get a holosun 510c. I'l wait till around black Friday and see if anyone has any deals going on. If not I'll just pay full price. From what I've read some prefer it over eotech anyways and I'm not brand loyal or anything. I'l get what i think is good regardless of what name is on it.

Aimpoint and high end red dots will be less "stary" as the budged red dots. Another solution is mounting the red dot further out on the rail.

As for holographic sights. Not a fan. Big red hologram covers up your target and it only gets worse at longer ranges. Where as on a red dot it's more a little more precise.

Holo's (eotechs specifically) are probably better as far as useability is concerned. But the battery life is more important. Red dots stay on and last way longer, which is more important to me.

...I run the Meprolight M21 on those rifles without glass. Rugged to a fault, no batteries to worry about, easy on and off, light (kind of), plays well with NVG (PVS-14, Gen 3+), comes with a kill flash in the box, stays on target. Great transition from day, dusk, darkness.

Holosun is better for the money than eotech is anyways.
I put a holosun on my sister's AR it's a good sight the bad thing is the batteries are on the bottom so when they die you have to remove the site to change them then resite it IMAG1150.jpg IMAG1152.jpg

Doesn't holosun have a solar powered model?
Probably now I bought this one year's ago from primary arms cheap and I had it on my gun then I got a vortex spark so it was sitting in the box and when I built the gun for my sister I put it on the fact is the batteries last for ever if you remember to turn it off

The 510c I'm looking to get has a battery tray on the side of it so no need to remove it. But also has a quick detach lever anyways.
I have always wondered about the quick detach things do they stay on target after you remove and put them back on I wouldn't trust it but like I said I don't know too much about them

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top