JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I bought a vest with steel plates earlier in the year. I suppose it will work but it is clunky and heavy. I'm thinking of hanging on to it, of course, but adding soft body armor as well. Any recommendations? I'm checking some sources online tonight. Thanks. :)

So, I bought a vest with steel plates earlier in the year. I suppose it will work but it is clunky and heavy. I'm thinking of hanging on to it, of course, but adding soft body armor as well. Any recommendations? I'm checking some sources online tonight. Thanks. :)
The best is of course the stuff many Cops get, it is fitted to them. For those who do not want to spend this kind of Money Galls is good. I have bought a few from them over a couple decades now. Use a Level II. The best thing I did several years ago was buy an external carrier. Looks like a uniform shirt in vest form. Is MUCH more comfortable than wearing the stuff under a shirt in the warm weather.
This place has some nice looking stuff here that I still have not tried yet but sure looks nice.
Last couple times I bought from Galls they wanted proof of occupation but I don't know how much they really check the info sent in on this.

Well fitted body armor is worth the extra money.

I wear body armor 12 hours a day on the job.

At a training event a few years ago, we went from from the range to the class room for additional training. The the instructor told everyone that they could remove their body armor. Everyone shed their armor like grunts dropping their packs. I didnt feel the need.

I have a soft trauma plate over a hard trauma plate.

The hard plate is to stop a hit from disrupting your heart rhythm. If you go down, a round could ricochet from the hard plate and hit you under the chin. The soft plate is to stop that.

I have a soft trauma plate over a hard trauma plate.

The hard plate is to stop a hit from disrupting your heart rhythm. If you go down, a round could ricochet from the hard plate and hit you under the chin. The soft plate is to stop that.
I modded my front Plate with Gorgets to prevent that! I also wear my plats OVER my soft, much better protection, and I can shed the plates easier and still be protected! Having taken a round to the plate and getting sprayed in the neck with the fragments, it sucks!
I wear the soft for general needs in public, and keep the plates in the truck!

I had this discussion with @No_Regerts a while ago and he recommended these guys! I can wholly endorse these guys, easy ordering and it's seriously awesome armor!

Thanks, I had never heard of them. The stuff and their price both look nice. When I am due for a new I may well give them a try here. One of my co workers was asking about mine after some clown pulled a gun on me a while back. Will share this site with him.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top