JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Completely different things.
Ceramic armor does not degrade if properly stored.
This means out of UV exposure (more for the fabric covering); out of extreme heat or cold cycles; as in over 150+ degrees F or 70 below 0 F.

You don't store armor in an oven, nor a freezer. You simply store them at room temp, without any serious weight on tjem or dropped on them. NIH 06 requires a drop test onto concrete before testing to pass. Thats why newer plates have more foam on them. Older 04/05 certified plates didnt have drop test.

The warranty period is limited because of liability, and is not meant to be taken the same way as a "best by/before" date.

Only one armor type do degrade over time, and thats soft armor, dependent on conditions. Salt water and uv and heat tends to degrade soft armor over time.
100% spot on!

They do. I was referring to the periodic x-rays for plates that are still "good". I was in SF, they don't issue plates every year. If they are not expired or damaged/dropped, you use them till they fail either expiration or x-ray.
Haha I was 1-3 ranger regimental reconnaissance team one and three during Iraq and Afghanistan we got issued new vest and plates every deployment they get banged up yea they do test em to pass to other idiot hood units are getting new gear always hmmmmm think otvs,iotvs,magnum tac 1 lightweight plate carrier keg gen 1 Carter enterprises gen 2 best vest as of till the new MSV module scalable vest makes the magnum tac1 lightweight look bulky n bubblegumty we had sapi plates then enhanced sapi plates then enhanced sapi plates for swimming ops then now they have x sapi plates better than ever with the msv I've used eagle industries Mar-cirasvest bubblegum sucked.kdhmagnum tac 1 gen1 or gen 2 carter industries soldier plate carrier system it's also know as. Spcs soldier plate carrier system mar ciras vest iotv, mag tac1 otvs lol unless u were a wash out or a 4year contract chump pog idk 82nd F company rangers n ranger reg recon team 1 and 3 elite we got bubblegum 4 diff helmets but depending on your unit the 82nd 101st 1st cav 10th mountain 5th n 10th group and ranger every unit they get new gear often I got new vest plates all the time but yea we evaluated half the bubblegum in combat in 82nd and 3rd rangers n recon team 1 n 3 so I guess some units I seen in Iraq no scopes optics lol we got acog sick bubblegum red dot holographic trijicon aim point and magnifiers while I seen marines walking with semi auto ar15s scars were nice along with the new hk m110a1 csass some bubbleguming rifles man up to 1100 yards ping

Even with the soft armor the carrier will degrade long before the armor will loose its effectiveness. DR
Some carriers will outlast the soft armor (looking at the Interceptor Body Armor in Woodland from 1997, in 1000D Cordura and 420D Olive/Camo Green Pack Cloth). Or at least, beat the soft armor onto the surplus market :rolleyes:

Examples;
Eagle Industries CIRAS series
Interceptors
USMC carriers
BAE Systems/Specialty Defense RBAV (I own one, needs XL soft armor inserts)

On the other hand... I do have a set of Safariland soft Kevlar 3A inserts for 2XL carrier from the early 2000s whose carrier's elastic straps have long given up the ghost. I've been tempted to make a 2nd custom carrier that would fit both the Safariland inserts and the XL ESAPI In Conjunction plates that I have....

I've worn out a few coffee cups. Just sayin. :D
DA41FDF8-A6A4-4858-9E4D-4A82322E19D3.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews