JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My biggest issue is something light weight I am an archery hunter so I want something comfortable to carry

Light weight reliable hand gun for back woods carry .... I have a S&W 329PD and carry it with .44 Special ammunition. It is a .44 magnum revolver. It is light weight but no fun to shoot with .44 magnum ammunition. However, it is not a problem with .44 Special ammunition. Shoots much like a light .357 magnum load. If you really want a light load, CCI Blazer has 200 grain Gold Dot .44 Special ammunition that shoots much like a .38+P.

I have a colleague who shoots a Kahr every year when we do yearly qualifications, and I always have beat him by about 20 points. This year he shot a Ruger SR and dang if he didn't come within 7 points of my score. I was starting to get worried there for awhile!
:s0114:

This was when I was starting to think, Ruh-Roah. Sorry for the cell phone pic.

quals.jpg

Sweet thanks for the post! I will look into the clackamas range!

Sent from my iPhone using

FYI you need to have a gun with you before you can rent one. Presumably that is so people can't just come in off the street, rent a gun and go shoot themselves.

Kahr's are top notch. I've had a CW-9 and ususally carry an MK-9. Both have been 100% reliable. Was going to buy a PM-9 for lighter weight until the SIG P938 cught my eye. Some people complain about the DOA trigger, but I think it is a better choice for CC, especially for beginners. If you pull your pistol in a defensive situation and are sweating and trembling, do you really want a light trigger? Just my 2 cents.

HK USP 45.
I wont claim to be a great pistol person. I can hit a man size target firing fairly rapidly at 25 yards..... i mean uh, feet. But i love pistols! I have owned SW40v sigma's SP101, a couple 22s and Sigpro 2340s along with a couple other sig sauer and shot alot of other pistols as well.
I recently purchased My HK USP 45 and i LOOOOVVVEE ITTTT!!!! I prefer the 45 kick to a 40, the gun fits my hand very well, my hands are fairly large so its the most comfortable gun i have ever held or shot. For accuracy, i handed it to my wife and she proceeded to put 3 bullets all touching at 15 yards, something i dont think i will ever try! she handed it back and said it was too heavy but she thought it was "pretty accurate" ROFL!
I purchased it from a NWFA member for 650 and it was pretty much spotless! Like everyone says, rent a few or try a few guns out that your friends have and make your decision. But definitely at least rent the USP and try it out! :s0155:

I agree with NWglockgal....to me it is impossible to beat the versatility of a glock. My gen 3 G19 is not the most expensive gun I have, but it is the most versatile and nicest to carry gun I have. My P226 is too big and bulky, the HK USP I have is also pretty big. I don't like big guns hanging on my side, and this Glock is just the perfect combo of reliability, size, weight, and accuracy. For carry, you cannot beat the G19. But I had a gen 4 for a short time...found it to feel cheap compared to the gen 3, the slide finish was easily scratched and marked up, and the grip felt cheezy. Traded it off on the HK I have and I won't buy another gen 4 Glock.

The gun I'm talking about was a gen 4 G23. The finish on the gun was awful...everything it touched left a mark on it. I have looked at other gen 4's and they don't feel quite like this one did. I have however read other forums with complaints about the gen 4 finish and that's it's not as good. Somebody said, and I do not know if there's any truth to this, that the EPA forced Glock to abandon the tenifer process on their slides. Maybe, maybe not....I don't know.
What I do know is that my gen 3 G19 has over 10,000 rounds down it, and it looks nearly like the day I bought it.

The gun I'm talking about was a gen 4 G23. The finish on the gun was awful...everything it touched left a mark on it. I have looked at other gen 4's and they don't feel quite like this one did. I have however read other forums with complaints about the gen 4 finish and that's it's not as good. Somebody said, and I do not know if there's any truth to this, that the EPA forced Glock to abandon the tenifer process on their slides. Maybe, maybe not....I don't know.
What I do know is that my gen 3 G19 has over 10,000 rounds down it, and it looks nearly like the day I bought it.
I also have a Gen4 G23, and the finish is fine. Maybe you just got a lemon, lol. I've also heard that they were forced to quit using the tenifer process. Not sure if that is true or not.

I also have a Gen4 G23, and the finish is fine. Maybe you just got a lemon, lol. I've also heard that they were forced to quit using the tenifer process. Not sure if that is true or not.

NWGlockgal, it is true. Due to environmental issues with the Tenifer process in the US manufactured handguns, GLOCK switched over to Black phosphate in 2010.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top