JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

After shooting my first match, the next upgrade I want to make is to get a real competition belt. I've been researching Black Scorpion, Blade Tech, and Double Alpha. A friend also highly recommends Safari land.

Thoughts?

My recommendation?

Don't get into the high dollar equipment race. Go to a few more matches with just your standard gear. Ask around the matches and see what others are using before committing a whole bunch of money.

First it's a belt, then Mag holders, a holster and a shot timer. Next you will be getting a race gun, another holster, new mag holders, a GoPro camera for your hat, custom designer safety glasses with interchangeable mirrored lenses in various interstellar colors for varying light, a custom shooting shirt covered with patches from gun manufacturers that don't sponsor you and several pairs of really ugly cargo shorts.

My recommendation?
several pairs of really ugly cargo shorts.

I skipped ahead to this one. ;) I did ask around at the match and the guys in my squad seemed to favor Blade Tech. Just looking for other opinions on here. I hear you on the gear race. It does look like a slippery slope. I figured $50 wasn't too bad a way to start not looking like a total noob. I will admit that hanging my gear - much of it came with my XDm - on a good leather belt seemed to work fine.

Anyone have an "avoid" to share?

If you want a good stiff two part belt, CR Speed. Double Alpha 2nd choice, Safariland #3.
My wife has a purple belt from an outfit called FBC Tactical in New York. Hand made to order,
it's one heck of a belt---but not at the cheap end of the scale.
Get a belt that has the fuzzy part of the velcro on the inner belt, and the hooks on the outer.
I KNOW CR Speed and FBC are this way. Safariland has the hooks on the inner belt. I wear my
inner belt all day on match day, and when I don't have the outer belt on the hooky inner belts
stick to everything!

Seriously---if you are getting along fine with a leather belt, stay with that for a while. Shoot another
half dozen matches before you start buying stuff. You will have a much better idea of what you
need.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads