JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe @Velzey on this site does bluing and McCluskey Arms down in Eugene also does bluing.

There are also some great Cerakoters out there that can get an almost bluing like color/finish and are usually cheaper than getting a gun reblued. Or if you aren't beholden to it needing the look of bluing, there are some great options for Cerakote out there. Though that firearm looks great blued with a classic set of walnut grips.

Ruger used to offer a service for doing a nice re-blue on their firearms. Price was reasonable for the quality I recall seeing. Not sure if they still offer the service, and if so, the current cost. Another option would be to check with Copeland Custom Gunworks; I believe Tim (Velzey on here) does bluing.

Hands down having Tim Copeland (Velzey) do the re-blue.
The only issue is the wait time, as he's so good and very reasonable in the labor costs, it takes time.

if you have left me a message please be patient. I've had hundreds of calls these last few days. And easily that many emails about transfers.
And yes I do hot bluing.

I believe @Velzey on this site does bluing and McCluskey Arms down in Eugene also does bluing.

There are also some great Cerakoters out there that can get an almost bluing like color/finish and are usually cheaper than getting a gun reblued. Or if you aren't beholden to it needing the look of bluing, there are some great options for Cerakote out there. Though that firearm looks great blued with a classic set of walnut grips.
Thanks. Not a Cericote fan on handguns. What I'd really love is a deep shiny royal blue like a Python. Overkill, I know, but I wouldn't see myself at the range.
Ruger used to offer a service for doing a nice re-blue on their firearms. Price was reasonable for the quality I recall seeing. Not sure if they still offer the service, and if so, the current cost. Another option would be to check with Copeland Custom Gunworks; I believe Tim (Velzey on here) does bluing.
I talked to Ruger. Very helpful lady that they're not doing that kind of work right now. Maybe first of year. Boy, was she nice.

I have a 1950 Ruger Standard 22lr, Red Eagle grips, that I restored to shooting condition. It has a fair amount of holster wear. After a bit of thought have decided to leave it cosmetically as is instead of a reblue. Adds character to the age and use of the old pistol. I meant it to be a shooter anyways.

I have a 1950 Ruger Standard 22lr, Red Eagle grips, that I restored to shooting condition. It has a fair amount of holster wear. After a bit of thought have decided to leave it cosmetically as is instead of a reblue. Adds character to the age and use of the old pistol. I meant it to be a shooter anyways.
I get that, and I wouldn't change yours either. Mine was just made in 1978. No historical value. I picked it up off Gunbroker. All the other guns I have are 90% or better. I'm careful with my stuff.

Hot Flash Refinishing
I have used these guys several times. The last Single Six I had done with a field finish to cover some frost and minor pitting. It looks great now. They are pretty quick to turn around work.
I did one at home using Laurel Mountain Rust Blue that also started out rough and now looks great. The rust blue took about 3 weeks but has held up well. It was done in 2000 and still looks good. Good Luck DR

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews