JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have read quite of few threads on suppressors but still trying to figure it all out. I have purchased a firearms trust but not used it yet. Currently I have these three rifles with 1/2 x 28 threads.
  1. AR chambered for 6mm WOA.
  2. AR chambered for 17HMR
  3. 10/22 (new aniversary model)
And the questions are:
Are there new suppressors now that would work on all three...without buying a big heavy 30 cal can? I've read about the Mystic-Xs?
Can you shoot 6mm in a .223 can? ... do some have large enough bores?
Recomendations for a local dealer?
Like everyone, I'd like to stay small and light and serviceable.
Thanks for the help...I'm ready to give my ears a break.

The local NFA crack dealer I use is Jason at JC Weaponry. Sorry I can't help more with the suppressor selection choice. I know that the .22 suppressors I have are also rated for .17HMR, but I am not familiar with the 6mm round.

Your better off getting 2 cans. 22 and to a certain extent 17hmr, are very dirty and require the can to be taken apart and cleaned frequently. Center fire cans are subjected to higher pressures and typically not user serviceable.

Could you shoot 22 thru a center fire can? Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it.

What SCARed said...

22's build up lead in the suppressor's and need to be cleaned from time to time to maintain their functionality. I'd pick up the 22 can first, shoot my 22 and 17 through it a bunch and then think about getting the 6mm a can. Haven't ever seen a '6mm can', but I have seen people shooting them through 30 cal cans infrequently.

You'll have a hard time finding a suppressor for your 6mm without going to a .30 can. Most manufacturers supply rifle cans in three sizes: 5.56mm, .30 caliber and .338; it's possible that you might find a manufacturer who bores their 5.56mm suppressors with sufficient clearance to fit a 6mm bullet through it, but neither I nor they would recommend it and you would likely void the warranty by doing so.

I'm not entirely familiar with the 6mm WOA; do you have stats for it, specifically velocity and chamber pressure?

We're located in Beaverton (Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy 1/2 mile east of Hwy 217) and have a wide selection of suppressors in stock and can, of course, order whatever else you might like. I'll be working at the shop tomorrow, stop by and we can discuss it in person if you like.

PS: we also have some select-fire guns and an M203 on the shelf currently, and that's worth a visit if nothing else :D

Last Edited:
Your better off getting 2 cans. 22 and to a certain extent 17hmr, are very dirty and require the can to be taken apart and cleaned frequently. Center fire cans are subjected to higher pressures and typically not user serviceable.

Could you shoot 22 thru a center fire can? Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Agreed, although I do shoot .22 thru my ancient Coastal 9mm suppressor, but only because it is threaded for my M11-9. I have a .22 kit for it.

Thanks gents... sounds like I'll need two cans if I really want to supress both. Wish they weren't so expensive and wish and I had the $$.
BTW... the 6mm WOA is basically a 6.8 SPC necked down to 6mm...developed by White Oak Armory (WOA). 75 gr reloads at 2250fps.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top