Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Read the testimony submitted for the Senate Judiciary meeting tomorrow

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by BSG 75, Apr 4, 2013.

1. BSG 75

BSG 75 Oregon Well-Known Member

An avalanche/deluge/landslide of written testimony has been submitted for the Oregon Senate Judiciary Committee meeting tomorrow. Read it here https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2013R1/Committees/SJUD/2013-04-05-08-30/MeetingMaterials

Samples

and many many many more.

I'm sure all the guys who demonstrated with AR-15's at the capitol and who have posted thousands or millions of words on this forum about their support for gun rights and how Obama is going to take our guns took the time and went through the trouble of submitting written testimony to counter-balance all the pro-gun control testimony submitted, right?

Right? Hello?

2. chainsaw

chainsaw East side of Or. Active Member

I let my voice be heard.In an email,of course,to let the monkeys at the capitol know that I am 100% against ANY gun control legislation.I do this weekly and three or four times this week alone.I will continue to do so until I can't type anymore.

3. GuyBMeredith

GuyBMeredith Salem, Oregon Active Member

Yep. I told our senators that I hold supporters of 'gun free' zones as guilty for deaths of victims of violence for having denied the victims the alternative of self defense.

I do support live fire training, but am concerned that even more costs discriminate against the less affluent.

Update. I just found that they published my home address as I had included it in the comment. Not what I wanted.

4. wds

wds eugene Member

It's scary how many times you see "this will not stop gun violence, but it's a good start"

If this is the start where is the end?

They wonder why gun owners don't want to give a inch.

5. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

BSG 75, where did you get these letters?

I've been writing my legislators. But I never hear back from the,m. I am very worried these turds will actually pass!

6. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

Same here. Is there another list? I emailed each and every Judicial member an email, but I don't see it in your link

7. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

I wonder what criterea was used to pick them? I sent it in PDF as requested. Hope it gets read.

8. tiggers97

Crap. I did not submit in PDF. It is to late, I assume?

9. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

I've read through a lot of them we have some representation. BTW why do I have to save a PDF before I can open it? What security setting is stopping me.

10. BSG 75

Those are not emails.

That is written testimony submitted for the Senate Judiciary committee being held tomorrow. They will discuss four gun control bills. Some citizens will testify in person before the committee. If you can't testify in person tomorrow the committee accepts written testimony, but it had to be in by noon today. It has been mentioned several times in this forum

The testimony submitted to the committee - either in person or written - will have far more impact than all those emails that get ignored. The anti-gun people seem to know all about this and had a ton of supportive testimony submitted in writing https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2013R1/Committees/SJUD/2013-04-05-08-30/MeetingMaterials click on the page icons going down the left side of the web page. Apparently, most people here had no clue about it. Too busy preaching to the choir in the echo chamber here to do something that might make a difference. It looks like the Senate Judiciary committee is going to hear and read overwhelmingly pro-gun control testimony tomorrow.

11. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Location for tomorrows hearing. Is that the Capitol Building HR 50?????

12. BSG 75

Yes.

IMPORTANT! THE COMMITTEE HAS EXTENDED THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT WRITTEN TESTIMONY TO APRIL 8!

It is very important that you tell the members of the committee your opinions of the bills. IT IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN EMAILING YOUR SENATOR OR REPRESENTATIVE. If the bills are killed in committee they are DEAD. If they are passed in committee they go to the full Senate for a vote.

Write something up, then convert it to .pdf format. You can use PDFLite - PDF Viewer and ConverterPDFlite | Free PDF Reader and PDF Converter to convert a Microsoft Word document to .pdf. Then email your testimony in as an attachment to your email to annola.dejong@state.or.us

Include the following in your email

If you aren't sure what to write, read what others have written https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2013R1/Committees/SJUD/2013-04-05-08-30/MeetingMaterials

Please, don't waste time doing anything else between now and April 8 if you care about stopping these bills.

corvus and (deleted member) like this.
  13. tiggers97

Crap. I honestly did not see that. Is there a mod that can contact me? Can we make this type of info a sticky at the top of the forum (one for OR, WA, ID? (I volunteer to create the OR as punishment) so noobs like me cannot miss it?

14. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

after reading about 40 of them, i have found its littered with people who only get their info from peirce morgan and diane frankenstein. this is looking so bad for my generation and there really is nothing i can do about it personally. i have done what i can to make my voice heard but its just not going to do anything im afraid.

15. tiggers97

Saw this in the opening statement of the Agenda for tomorrow:

"Individuals who are not able to testify at the hearing, may submit written testimony (electronically or hard copy) to the Committee by Monday April 8th, 2013, at 5PM."

So I guess that might give some of us a second chance to do it right.

16. BSG 75

Yes, see my post above. It gives details about how to do it.

17. BSG 75

Don't give up so easily. See my post above. You have been given a second chance to make your voice heard.

corvus and (deleted member) like this.