JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Background:
I assist my father in the operations of his gun store remotely with inventory. We are always looking to expand and get better deals to pass on. The problem lately as most of us know is ammo is again getting hard to find.

The Question/Issue at hand:
Working up and setting up with a few different company's for ammo sells. The problem always at hand is re-manufactured vs new. The price point is always appealing to some degree when trying to save money. The problem is I always personally prefer new to re-man.

What is the opinion of the forums?

The only re-man ammo i shoot is my own.
I bought some ammo that was re-man years ago and it destroyed my pistol (45acp) NEVER AGAIN....
And the dumb SOB i bought it from said it wasn't his problem. So in a nut shell i will never buy re-man ammo.
Whats the name of your dads shop? maybe ill check it out one of these days.

I shoot almost exclusively remanufactured ammo in my cheaper pistols, but only from reputable, fixed-address businesses, i.e. BVAC and Miwall. Never had a kaboom, I figure I've fired 40k pistol rounds in the past 5 years.

Rifles get only new ammo, I've had too many split/cracked/torn in half cases and popped/loose primers. The only exception is re-manufactured black hills, but only because I trust their QC.

The only issues I've had with reloads were some home brew 9mm I picked up on trade. I've never had any problems with factory reloads. BVAC is what I ususally end up with.

I do some work off and on for Washougal River Cartridge Co., we do both...and both are made on the same machines, there's just more case prep for the reloads.

As long as its safe...ammo, is ammo, is ammo...unless we're talking about duty type, that's a whole different subject.

Seemed to have pretty good reviews at least for the .40 caliber stuff. I'm glad I came across the thread and found the RBS ammo as well. I'll probably try RBS after I go through this freedom munition stuff and see which I like better.

My order at freedom munitions was $82 after shipping for 250 180 grain .40 and 50 100 grain .380. I placed my order at like noon on Wednesday morning and it's scheduled to arrive at my place here in Portland Friday afternoon. I was pretty impressed by that.

I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm from Freedom Munitions, a buddy and me split shipping. I bought the cheapest stuff, the "blaster" ammo. 1000 rounds and shipping ended up at $190 total. Not a smoking deal, but pretty good. The 1000 rounds is gone now, and we have had no issues at all. I would recommend it to people who can buy ahead of time and wait for shipping. It worked great!

I do some work off and on for Washougal River Cartridge Co., we do both...and both are made on the same machines, there's just more case prep for the reloads.

As long as its safe...ammo, is ammo, is ammo...unless we're talking about duty type, that's a whole different subject.

This actually makes me feel better - I've shot their stuff; not had a problem with it, but had wondered just two days ago as I found a half-shot-through box of theirs in the house, "I wonder what's their deal."

I have shot several boxes of Havok Ordnance .45 ACP FMJ & JHP that I picked up at Willamette Valley in Hillsboro. I shot it in my Springfield Ultra Compact with no issues. I also got some of their .380 and it worked great in my TCP.

Cost for the .45 is $14 per box of 50 FMJ, which easily beats Bi Mart or Wal Mart for Remington, Federal, Blazer etc, and shoots just as well.

Gonna get some .223 when Willamette Valley gets some in again. They sell out quickly when the shipments arrive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

I have reached the point that the only reloads I'll shoot are my own.

Had too many problems with VARIOUS manufacturer reloads. Especially reloaded 5.56, you never know when you're going to case a machine gun fired case, I have had too many neck/case separations through various rifles.

Just got back from the range and fired off 40 of my 50 rounds of Freedom Munitions rounds and I had one FTF which didn't want to go in to the chamber. But funny thing is that later on down the line I tried it one last time and it did feed and fired, but it did seem a little higher pressure than the rest.

But all of the other rounds worked fine.

I have been trying to work with Freedom Munitions. So its good to hear about experiences with them. As well as a few of the others out there. As I am shopping around for pricing to be a vendor.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top