JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I mad a critical blunder and I was trying to remove my front slant brake that was very stuck. I boiled it multiple times, heated it up(carefully), reefed on it and well, made the dumb mistake of soaking it in vinegar. The rifle is soaked just past the front sight post and I am looking to have someone who can restore the factory blue finish. I would do it myself but sadly I do not have any of the tools except for a dremel. Looking for either a gunsmith (Near Corvallis, OR) to fix it or advice for the proper dremel tips so I can prep it correctly. Thanks!

I'm assuming you were making your way through a list of 'stuff to get things unstuck' and forgot to check stuff like, is this acidic? :D never mind, erm, not sure about someone nearby, depending on the quality of bluing you want, but i would highly recommend checking with @Velzey (Copeland Custom Gunworks) who i know can do amazing hot bluing.

Sounds like it was carbon or rust locked?
I'd honestly rebule myself or simply buy another online to color match since they are so cheap. I've reblued AK mags before, fun weekend project.

..Or get rid of the sugar scoop altogether.. horrible recoil mitigation compared to other brakes on the market unless this is a collector AK type situation.

YMMV.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads