JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe that I have said all that I could ever say about Q-Tips.
One more thing... (Pro Tip)
Get the double ended variety so you can have a handy standby stash like this when you are cleaning guns.
No fumbling around trying to find another Q-Tip.
maxresdefault.jpg

I use dollar general Qtips. Pretty much same thing dollar tree sells. I use hundreds of them per week. :)
I also buy a few of the 4" long wood stem qtips from Amazon. Come in a box of 500,
Bagged 50 per bag. They work great for hard to reach places.

Real test for me was cleaning the dust cover on AR. Normal QTIPs shred here and leave a ton of debris behind. I think the fibers are shorter. Bamboo stick qtip behaved like solid sponge and was more likely to leave behind bits of bamboo stick behind. Kinda sucks tho because they look like slivers of copper metal shavings because of the color and shape. Trigger group would be another test but I haven't tried it yet. Shredding still occurred on sharp corners if it snagged.

IMG_20190406_101510757.jpg

As soon as I started trying to oil stuff instead of just use hoppes the qtips started shredding no matter what I use. I don't know if the fibers or the glue in them is breaking down. Trying to clean rails with clp or thicker hoppes oil is a fail no matter what qtip type I use but I can put hoppes #9 and scrub the rail no problem with qtips.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top