JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Then in 1967, after 177 years in the Treasury Department, the Coast Guard was transferred to a newly formed Department of Transportation. Finally, on March 1, 2003, the Coast Guard was transferred to the Department of Homeland Security.

Bruce

ACTUALLY . . . What is now the U.S. Coast Guard, originated from the consolidation of something like five different services. (okay Coasties, help me out here) There was the U.S. Lifesaving Service, the U.S. Marine Revenue Service / the Revenue Cutter Service, the Lighthouse Service, and the Bureau of Marine Inspection and Navigation. There might be one more but I can't recall. These consolidations happened at different times between the actual 'start' of the service and 1967.

Then in 1967, after 177 years in the Treasury Department, the Coast Guard was transferred to a newly formed Department of Transportation. Finally, on March 1, 2003, the Coast Guard was transferred to the Department of Homeland Security.

Bruce
The CG pretty much was a LEO from the get go.

I served from '77->'81, under the DOT. Drug interdiction was a mission (the so called War on Drugs), but it really ramped up with "Just Say No" Reagan. Some of the leadership saw the potential $$$ for their budget in that "war".

When the CG was transferred to DHS, that is when the emphasis on LE really ramped up and the big money rolled in. The CG now has new equipment and a much larger budget instead of WWII hand me downs (literally. e.g., our survival rations were from WWII/Korea and the emergency generator for the station was a WWII setup, for firearms, we had a few 1911s in the station safe that we never carried).

IMHO.......the BLAME starts with the Legislature and AG. But then....."What's new?"

Un-Constitutionalist just being Un-Constitutional.

Aloha, Mark

PS......If your "property is ever seized" get a receipt and take your case to Court. Yeah.....it would be better if things we NOT the way things are currently. BUT, what choice do you really have? Oooops......I forgot that some here will FIGHT every battle (no matter how small). Should I say IT?

IMHO......
Most Gun Laws (proposals and even the old ones)
Utilizing Bruen's thinking.

Today it appears, that we are dealing with INSTITUTIONALIZED Un-Constitutional Acts and Laws. And then (to add to the insult and injury).......ME......I don't really expect to see any accountability for the denial of RIGHTS.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads