JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a cabinet tip over onto my reloading bench. :eek: . Unfortunately two of my RCBS scales were damaged . The beam on both are slightly bent and I'm sure bearing blocks and knife edge are toast.
Do you think I could get them rebuilt . Has anyone had their scales worked on.
Thanks for any advice.

I had a cabinet tip over onto my reloading bench. :eek: . Unfortunately two of my RCBS scales were damaged . The beam on both are slightly bent and I'm sure bearing blocks and knife edge are toast.
Do you think I could get them rebuilt . Has anyone had their scales worked on.
Thanks for any advice.
Call rcbs

Yeah, RCBS is amazing on this kind of stuff... I lost primer feed tubes on my Rockchucker press during a move.. went to set it up and; duh... who knows where the went... Called RCBS and they just asked for my address and sent new tubes free of charge... There's a reason the top of my bench has a lot of green on it. :p

I called them and waited on hold for about 20 mins before hanging up.
The next day I got a call back from them:).
Bottom line is they will repair them and ship them back free of charge. That's outstanding customer service.
Thanks RCBS.

Bottom line is they will repair them and ship them back free of charge. That's outstanding customer service.
Thanks RCBS.
I could tell you story after story of their customer service. All awesome.
Unfortunately it has also led me to believe a lot of their stuff is not designed for super heavy use. I believe the warranty replacement cost is factored into the price.
I have asked point blank how long some things will last and have been given pretty evasive answers and it's warranted for life no problem whoever bought it.
That being said I have a lot of rcbs equipment and will continue to do as long as I continue to reload.

I've had my rock chucker, uniflow, scale and several dies for at least 40 years with no repairs needed. Perhaps, some companies still believe in taking care of their customers.

Thanks RCBS.
Yes it is. They do this all the time.

I had a chargemaster that stopped dispensing and they said send it in and we'll fix or replace even though out of warranty... Then he asked what powder I was using and I told him Bullseye and he goes. "Oh. That explains it. The grains are too small and jam the tube. Just get in there with your fingers and turn the tube a couple turns both ways, load a different powder and it should work just right."

It worked of course... they know their poop and they are willing to stand behind it in every case I have ever encountered.

I had an ammo master in the 90s . Sadly I sold it to an ex in law . I looked to replace it a few years ago and found that it's no longer in production.
However I've read post where RCBS will still repair them if there's a problem.

I've had my rock chucker, uniflow, scale and several dies for at least 40 years with no repairs needed. Perhaps, some companies still believe in taking care of their customers.
I will always have my rock chucker and have several UPM that sit on my dillons and have a 502 scale I've had for seemingly forever.
The list goes on forever.
Most of my replacement parts have actually been for stuff I come across with missing pieces.
They even sent me parts for a hornady case activated linkage to make it more compatible with my uniflow.
Can't say enough good stuff about them.

I had an ammo master in the 90s . Sadly I sold it to an ex in law . I looked to replace it a few years ago and found that it's no longer in production.
However I've read post where RCBS will still repair them if there's a problem.
I recently picked up 4x4 with missing pieces they provided. Shell plates are a special order though so on line is the only practical way to go.

Wait.... you mean there are places in the world that don't have moss all over their benches?! Nah...
I was at the Sportsmans show a few years ago and RCBS had a booth with some of their equipment there and staff you could talk to. Really friendly folks, know their stuff, and full of tips and information on how to select and use equipment. I am a loyal customer for life after my experiencesn:)

They are a good company! I've bought used rusty old RCBS wildcat dies. Sent them into them and they disassembled and polished them up to look like new. Good to hear they repair their beam scales also.

I had to use their stuck case service once. Came back looking like new for $10. Told them it was my fault as I felt the shell dragging going in but did the guy thing and shaved it it anyway rather than back it out. I have taps, there was no getting this one out.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top