JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol... Yeah, the guy is obviously a "jabber-jaw" with all that narrative.. I can see the attraction of being easier on old hands... Mine aren't quite there yet, but I did notice the other night my hands were more sore than they used to get by the time I got done priming a couple hundred rounds.
lol. I hear you. I haven't used my Lee hand primer for some time.. use my Lee turret, as I said. I think someone here said they can get a hundred done in an hour using a hand primer.. if memory serves, I think I could get 100 done in like 5 minutes with my Lee.. no problems.

It really does just boggle the mind. What are people thinking these days? lol

:s0084: ??
Hard to tell about you some days Certaindeaf.......:D

If I'm doing something repetitive I always look to get it done with the least amount of effort, NO unneeded steps. You ought to see the way I decap/size/flare my brass! I do single stage.

:s0084: ??
Hard to tell about you some days Certaindeaf.......:D

If I'm doing something repetitive I always look to get it done with the least amount of effort, NO unneeded steps. You ought to see the way I decap/size/flare my brass! I do single stage.
"No unneeded steps"? It seems that that fellow primed that case dandily.

Yes he did, but the way I do mine I eliminate the step of having to reach waaaay up to take the brass out of the shell holder. And then he needs to move his hand over and drop it in a container. That's two moves I eliminate, multiplied by 200-300, when I prime up a batch.

Just sayin'.

Edit: And if that tray doesn't help you flip primers...mmm, there's some more steps for you. You know as well as anyone, not all primers come like CCI.

Yes he did, but the way I do mine I eliminate the step of having to reach waaaay up to take the brass out of the shell holder. And then he needs to move his hand over and drop it in a container. That's two moves I eliminate, multiplied by 200-300, when I prime up a batch.

Just sayin'.

Edit: And if that tray doesn't help you flip primers...mmm, there's some more steps for you. You know as well as anyone, not all primers come like CCI.
Yes it's plain to see.. that it's a bench mounted priming unit, not a handheld one. They operate differently.. because they are different. lol

I would like to address a comment earlier about priming one hundred cases in an hour, but I also don't want to come off sounding like a "know it all".
I've primed cases two or three ways. depending on how you look at it. I've used a single stage press, a progressive press, and a hand primer. I believe the priming can be done in less time when using a hand primer. My reasoning is the time needed to load a primer tube for a press takes longer than loading the tray on a hand primer. Seating the primer takes about the same time either way.
However, this time savings can be over ridden when priming cases in the standard process of using a progressive press.
I don't think much effort would be required to be able to prime more than 100 rounds an hour, no matter what method is used.

I would second that opinion Orygun. I have been reloading for about 45 years now (as is evidenced by some of my equipment which was new when I bought it and is now considered "antique"). I have found using using a hand primer the most expeditious method... However, I also have to admit it's harder on my hands than it used to be. :(

I've been looking at those too, but the bad reviews have scared me away. And the RCBS is kinda spendy but a lot of people like them. I will stick with the RCBS with the universal chuck. It works fine, I just can't see doing 500 rounds at a whack. May need a cookie break or two.....
Do you have a link where a real live person says something bad about something on the internet? lol. Just wondering as all I could find were favorable reviews on this generally "out of stock" item.

Do you have a link where a real live person says something bad about something on the internet? lol. Just wondering as all I could find were favorable reviews on this generally "out of stock" item.
Sorry about that. Didn't mean to make it sound like there were scads of data out there on this brand new product. it seems some of the reviewers on Titan weren't too happy with it (4 reviews, not a massive data base), and I found some other reviews elsewhere that I can't find now, but it is probably a good product..... I just intend to wait a bit longer and see how things shake out. I love the Lee products in general. I am really in the market for a rock solid bench primer, and I am too cheap to just go buy the RCBS.

I've only have a couple years in, but my kit came with one when I bought it and honestly it was easier to figure out then the priming arm that came with the press. I like it and it reminds me of those spring loaded hand exercise things. I'm getting a workout in while priming. Most of the calibers I load for take a #3 shell holder and I just bought an extra one to leave on the hand primer to save a bit of time.

I've only have a couple years in, but my kit came with one when I bought it and honestly it was easier to figure out then the priming arm that came with the press. I like it and it reminds me of those spring loaded hand exercise things. I'm getting a workout in while priming. Most of the calibers I load for take a #3 shell holder and I just bought an extra one to leave on the hand primer to save a bit of time.
Hey, if it works, don't fix it. :)

My first RCBS hand prime unit was an early one that didn't have the feed tray. I used it so much I wore it out. I called them to see if they would sell me a couple replacement parts and they said that model was discontinued so they sent me a new one instead. I still use it.

I like it a lot. There are a couple minor things about it I wish were better but all in all its a good product. I've had a couple Lee hand prime tools over the years but I always break them; they just don't hold up for me. Lee makes some other stuff I really like, but not their hand priming tools.

When you have bad shoulders that eliminate movement on a repetitious nature.... You use the press so you can use a little body weight to lean into it versus the up and over movement.

Ask an injured person to find a way... They will have the easiest with the least motion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top