JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have one. I have calluses on several fingers of my right hand from seating so many pistol primers lately. For some reason it can end up with two primers double stacked...no idea how that second primer gets in there some times. The screw that holds the "gate" in place can come out then the thing will come apart. Not hard to reassemble but a pain in the butt. Lee shell holders fit super tight in mine, so I have to use RCBS or Redding shell holders.

On a positive side the tray works well to right all the primers. It is pretty fast to work with. Feel isn't the best if you want to feel that slight crush of the primer, but it isn't bad either.

I also have a Sinclair seater and everything about it is so much better, except it is quite a bit slower since you have to single feed it.

Not sure that helps, but it is my experience with mine.

I also have one - the one with a universal shell holder - so no sets of holders to swap out. I've only primed about 200 pistol cases so far, but I'm happy with it. Seems to work well, comfortable to use. I don't know how it would feel doing hundreds at a time, but I would probably be using my press if I had to do that many.

I use the RCBS one without the universal shell holder so you have to change it for each caliber but it is easy. I will sit in my chair and do up to a thousand at a time. When I load this many at one time I do wear a glove on my one hand.

I use one. i have to swap shell holders per caliber. its good and convenient. im an automotive tech so no calluses here. hard to get'm when your whole hand is one.

Bought mine at GI Joes in Oak Grove back in 1986 and haven't looked back. Use RCBS shell holders for best results and check the screw that holds the bar to the lever every once in a while for tightness. Works best out of all the others I have tried.... Lee (this one sucks compared to the RCBS in my opinion), Hornady (relatively close to the RCBS one in quality and function), have not tried the RCBS with the "universal" jaw type shell holder. I wouldn't mind trying one of the Sinclair ones, but I don't want to pony up the hundred or so dollars they want for it, plus the shell head for each caliber.....

I use a Lyman Hand Priming Tool, which works well for me and it is easy to use. I have a reloading setup that fits into a large shoe box, so the compact hand tools like this are very welcome in my setup. I have only used it for priming .45ACP with large pistol primers so my experience is limited, but since I don't have a mounted press to prime prime on, it was the best alternative I could find. It is also very quick, I can prime 100 brass while watching TV in under an hour.

I've been using the RCBS with the round try since I started, 2010. I'm used to it so I'll most likely never change. I don't see much difference in the the Lyman, and the Hornady looks weird.

I do not mind changing shell holders. After you do it a few times it's second nature

http://ads.midwayusa.com/s?usersear...ng_Equipment_Alpha_G-_-rcbs hand priming tool

I was surprised at the price at Midway. Fisherman's and Cabela's are well more $$.

I use a RCBS that requires changing dies, but it doesn't seem to be a big deal to me. I, like others apparently, prep a bunch of cases and prime while watching tv. It sure beats priming on my rockchucker.:D

I used to prime inside the house while watching TV. One went off...freaked out wife, daughter and her friends. I've been banished back to the garage.

I also have one - the one with a universal shell holder - so no sets of holders to swap out. I've only primed about 200 pistol cases so far, but I'm happy with it. Seems to work well, comfortable to use. I don't know how it would feel doing hundreds at a time, but I would probably be using my press if I had to do that many.
What he said almost verbatim except rifle cases. My issue was my arthritic hands and was toying with this or a bench unit until a member here offered one up for a good price I could resell if I couldn't handle it. It is working well for me, I didn't want another bench unit, I like the universal shell holder.

So many more movements, got to buy a completely different set of shell holders? The reviews weren't so good either. But if the Lee is good for arthritic hands then I hope that's the answer.

Using the RCBS I sit at the table OR on the sofa with one container in my lap and the unprimed brass to the side, or on the table. After priming, the brass just slides out of the hand primer and falls to the box on my lap.

Lol... Yeah, the guy is obviously a "jabber-jaw" with all that narrative.. I can see the attraction of being easier on old hands... Mine aren't quite there yet, but I did notice the other night my hands were more sore than they used to get by the time I got done priming a couple hundred rounds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top