JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everyone, been here a while but rarely post.

Does anyone know of a good place to do some basic target shooting near the north Oregon coast? Doesn't need to be an established range, although I'm open to that.

Any advice is welcome, thanks!

I was thinking about this last night. I cut firewood up around the area I linked to with google maps. There are some little spur roads past the horse camp over the creek bridge. If you weren't needing a long distance to shoot that might be a good area to check out. It has been many years since I was up there last.

This looks like a good spot. Elevation by vehicle is 367 meters and a 100yds in the elevation is 374 meters.

Screenshot (177).png

Last Edited:

About an hour & 15 minutes from Astoria, just according to an online map. Obviously without any weekend nor holiday traffic etc...

Closer to Astoria:

BKS Sportsmans Club.

Last Edited:
Hey everyone, been here a while but rarely post.

Does anyone know of a good place to do some basic target shooting near the north Oregon coast? Doesn't need to be an established range, although I'm open to that.

Any advice is welcome, thanks!
Just be aware that any minute all that public land will be closed to the public with the fancy red gates they installed. Payed for with the publics dollars I'm sure.

I was thinking about this last night. I cut firewood up around the area I linked to with google maps. There are some little spur roads past the horse camp over the creek bridge. If you weren't needing a long distance to shoot that might be a good area to check out. It has been many years since I was up there last.

This looks like a good spot. Elevation by vehicle is 367 meters and a 100yds in the elevation is 374 meters.

View attachment 1247132
Awesome, thanks for the help!

Awesome, thanks for the help!
If you try the area out and find some good spots, please share the info on this thread. I have heard gates are going up on many roads and it's getting harder to find places to shoot off hwy 26. I think active logging may still be going on in this area so watch out for trucks and logging crews.

The red gates are for fire season closures. Last year they closed the forest due to fire danger and people still went so now they have the gates. Check with the Oregon Department of Forestry website for the current fire danger level and closures before you head out....., Im not certain what level they close access but my guess is when its in the red. I think your required to bring a shovel and a gallon of water or a fire extinguisher to shoot in summer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top