JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally could go to the range again!! Took new pistol Wife bought just as this hoax was getting rolling so by the time it got here could not shoot.

So pistol is impressive to me for what it is. Recoil is almost nonexistent especially compared to the pistol it copies, the same thing in .380. That was so hard to rack Wife could not even rack a round in. Recoil with the .380 was painful after a couple hundred rounds. The .22 version is super easy to rack and nothing to shoot.

The 10 round mags drop free for those who care. The pistol came with a loader that is needed. For some reason Ruger made them with no thumb stud. It is VERY hard to load the mags without the tool. Very hard, which is disappointing.

Sights are almost nonexistent. My old eyes could almost not even make them out in the indoor range but I had no problem keeping rounds in a few inches at 20feet. I for some reason seemed to do better rapid fire than I did if I tried real hard to be accurate. I dumped a few mags so fast I was wondering if the help out front might say something but they let me be

Ran a few kinds of ammo and no failures gun related. Couple failure to fire but the round was a solid hit so that was the ammo. When I switched to some better ammo no more failures at all. So couple hundred rounds down range no stops. This was even better in that I literally did nothing to the pistol. I checked the bore and was going to take it down to clean and lube. Decided to see what it would do strait out of the box first and it would not stop.

So while I would of course rather Wife could carry something larger at least I am comfortable this will work for her and she is going to be using it in her carry rotation.

LCPII.png LCPIIA.png

What ammo did you use, did you try different kinds? Wondering if it is finicky, like most 22 handguns. This is something I think would be cool to have in the rotation.

What ammo did you use, did you try different kinds? Wondering if it is finicky, like most 22 handguns. This is something I think would be cool to have in the rotation.
CCI "clean" solids, CCI HV HP's, CCI HV40 gr solids and CCI Velocitor HP. The Velocitor is what she will carry in it. Next time I take it out I have a few rounds of stuff left over from the great panic shortage I will try so to see what it does. It's certainly not something I would buy for fun, like most of my .22's. The .380 version some sales guy talked the Wife into. I told her it would not work for her due to recoil. She felt the trigger in the shop and it of course was miles better than her .32's so she bought it. Well of course when she got home with it found she could not use it so it became mine. It is a VERY nice backup pistol. I had no idea they came out with a .22 version till someone here told me. As soon as I told her she wanted one and it will work for her. I was quite impressed that it ate everything before being cleaned and lubed.

How is the trigger pull compared to the lcp 380?
If you mean the LCPII? That it is pictured with it here I can't tell any real difference. They, both too me feel a lot like a Glock trigger. That trigger is how some sales guy got my Wife to buy the .380 version. She was always complaining about the long pull of her two .32's she had in her rotation. These are of course very short. The only problem is I knew the recoil of the .380 would be way too much for her and it was. Like anything with this kind of trigger the one downside it they need to be carried with a holster that covers the trigger. No pocket carry with no holster as I had done for many years.

How much?

Threaded barrel options?
Paid $290 for mine + the Governor's cut. Seems to be the ball park in my area. Far as I know they are not offering it set up for a can. Kind of doubt they would. They are so small the can would be far larger than the pistol. Wife did buy one of their SR .22's a good while back that she paid the extra for a threaded. Think it was about $40 extra if I remember. they come with an adapter that threads on so the can can be put on and with a protector that makes the barrel flush with the slide when you don't want the can. She still really likes that pistol after years of having it but it's much bigger and is an exposed hammer, D/A.

Paid $290 for mine + the Governor's cut. Seems to be the ball park in my area. Far as I know they are not offering it set up for a can. Kind of doubt they would. They are so small the can would be far larger than the pistol. Wife did buy one of their SR .22's a good while back that she paid the extra for a threaded. Think it was about $40 extra if I remember. they come with an adapter that threads on so the can can be put on and with a protector that makes the barrel flush with the slide when you don't want the can. She still really likes that pistol after years of having it but it's much bigger and is an exposed hammer, D/A.
Dang, I think I got my first gen LCP for like $150. At nearly $300, that's kind of pricey for what it is.

Was hoping they might offer up a threaded version to compete with the Beretta in tens of micro gun that can be suppressed.

Dang, I think I got my first gen LCP for like $150. At nearly $300, that's kind of pricey for what it is.

Was hoping they might offer up a threaded version to compete with the Beretta in tens of micro gun that can be suppressed.
Given how popular cans have become it may happen of course. Ruger does seem to now days follow what the public wants to buy. If they feel some will want it they will of course offer it. Damn thing would look kind of funny with a can on it but hey if it will sell? You know they will offer it.
Just checked Davidson's which is always my bench mark for my area. They show several places having the LCPII in .22 for $330 out the door here now. The MSRP on the old LCP in .380 they show at a $100 less. This seemed kind of an odd choice to me when I found out Ruger started making these. I have to guess they figured that many would be like my Wife, can't shoot the .380 version and or would want the .22 version to play / practice with? Who knows. She wanted one as soon as I pointed out to her they made them. It is a dream to carry. It's so light even loaded you can forget it's there. Really wish they would have offered it in .32 for her. Would be a perfect trade off in low recoil with better power than the .22 but alas that round is very seldom used any more.:(

OK, never let it be said we at NWF are not accommodating :)
Took it to the range again and ran 40 rounds each of Browning BPR, Win. M-22, Win HV Varmint .37 HP, Federal Auto match solids, Rem. Hyper velocity HP (Stingers), some more CCI Velocitor. All fed, nothing was able to make it choke. All of these except the CCI and Auto Match did have some failure to fire rounds. Solid hits so nothing wrong with pistol. All this ammo was bought in the middle of the great years long .22 shortage. The HV stuff I could feel no difference in how it felt. Probably due to the short barrel and the way this is a locked breech not blow back. That part kind of surprised me on this. A locked breech .22.
After I got done I had a bunch of the stuff left over and burned it up in one of my MK's. It too had some failure to fire with a clean hit, so just sloppy QA in the making of some of that ammo.

Forgot to mention on this yesterday too. These are locked breech so if there is some people wanting a threaded barrel for these and Ruger does not offer one it would be simple for an after market place to crank some out.

Needed a new pistol... just because it was time to add another :). Decided to check out the LCP II in 22LR. Watch a few Tube videos by Hickok45; 22Plinkster; sootch00; etc. Liked what I saw and began the search. Ended up getting one for $299.

Tiny pistol. Toss in your front pocket and folks will only ask if you're happy to see them.

No cleaning. Just loaded up mags (extras run about $20 per) and began busting caps.

Started with Aguila 40gr High Velocity. 20 rounds down range without an issue. What recoil?

Federal 36gr Copper Plated HP. Stovepipe at round 33. FTF at round 36 with a strike prominent. Re-inserted round and it fired.

Switched to Aguila 40gr Lead Round Nose. Smooth.

Cycled among these 3 through 300 rounds.

Another stovepipe with the Federal at round 162.

A week later, I ran another series of 200 rounds through the pistol. No issues at all this time.

My pistol liked the Aguila 40gr LRN the best among the 3 (3 and 6 o'clock). The Federal did not perform that well (12 o'clock). Aguila 40gr HV = ok (9 and center). Target at 7 yards.

SUPER fun pistol to shoot. Don't forget the supplied magazine loader. That is my only complaint - loading the mag. Half a complaint with the manual safety.

20210606_110449.jpg

If y'all are having fail to fire issues, as I did at first, Galloway Precision offers a +10% spring kit that will cure your ills. Took me about 20min to install. Awesome upgrade that fixed the only negative I had. $25.00

If y'all are having fail to fire issues, as I did at first, Galloway Precision offers a +10% spring kit that will cure your ills. Took me about 20min to install. Awesome upgrade that fixed the only negative I had. $25.00
Don't know if anyone else had the same experience I had over a year ago but, only fails were some odd ball ammo I had grabbed up during the panic before this one. All the fails were solid hits, just did not go off. When I went back to my "normal ammo" no more. The stuff that was failing to fire in this was also failing in my 2 MK's I had with me that day. Same thing, solid hits, just no bang. Its why I have never had a problem with paying a little more for the better ammo. Especially for Wife as she actually carries a couple .22's. Even though my .22 shooting is for fun I hate having ammo that does not feed or fire when I am enjoying myself.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top