JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought I'd throw out some Rendezvous, hunting, shooting, bullseye competition and custom build photos from the Portland area.

13327482_1106863479372418_3151693874389471614_n.jpg IMG_0899.JPG fullsizeoutput_469.jpeg CIMG1395.jpg IMG_0599.JPG

P1120485 copy.JPG
Here we are set inside the Museum of the Mountain Man , with our collection of original muzzle loaders.
The Museum of the Mountain Man is a great place to visit and we love to be a part of it during our summer break.
Andy

Sure do love it when we get more threads on B.P.:):):)
I'm sort of the odd duck here, I focus mainly on the conversion period of B.P. arms, the era when they went from Muzzle loading to self contained cartridges is my biggest joy! I also focus on the Naval and Revenue Cutter Service arms and accessories during this time frame! Just my thing, and a lot of less known (To the General Public) history!

Sure do love it when we get more threads on B.P.:):):)
I'm sort of the odd duck here, I focus mainly on the conversion period of B.P. arms, the era when they went from Muzzle loading to self contained cartridges is my biggest joy! I also focus on the Naval and Revenue Cutter Service arms and accessories during this time frame! Just my thing, and a lot of less known (To the General Public) history!

:s0122:

My attempt at a Southern Mt. Rifle. Ash stock, iron furniture, .32 X 42" X 3/4" straight octagon GM barrel. Wish I could have found a lollipop tang for it. My only percussion rifle.

Nice pictures. Rifles look like a lot of fun. I have kind of concentrated my BP experience to revolvers and few conversion cylinders. My dad grew up with one of Mountain Man Joe Meek's descendants. Over the fireplace of his house he had two muzzle loading flintlock rifles. In the late 50's-early 60's I got the handle them and even dry fire one. The shower of sparks startled me when I pulled the trigger. They were supposedly a few of many rifles Joe Meek had owned in his lifetime. No way to really prove but they were old and had seen hard use from what I remember over 55 years ago.

Last weekend in June.
Sternwheeler Days in Cascade Locks
Not sure how it rates for size for such things, but they have a blacksmith working, lots of show-and-tell stuff, maybe a dozen to fifteen tents. Jeannie and I usually check it out. One year they had a candy mortar. That was fun to watch. If you decide to come I''d like to meet you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top