JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SOLD
Hello, I have a couple of Black Powder Pistols that I got from my dads estate and I am just not into thses types of firearms (BP) so I would like to sell them and would like a general price that would be fair before I list them. I did do some reaserch online so I have somewhat of an idea but can be a bit all over the place, Thanks for any input...J
Ruger Old Army single-action six-shot revolver 44 cal,( Looks to have been fired )
Colt Black Powder Signature Series 36 cal ( appears to be unfired )

IMG_3054.JPG IMG_3051.JPG

Last Edited:
@young123
As always ....what something sells for at one place in time...ain't always the case anywhere else....

For the Colt...I would say somewhere between $500 and $650.
For the Ruger I would say around $500 - $800.
Any of the above would also depend on the buyer.
Also please note...those values are on the "High Book" kinda side...and not for a quick sale price.
Andy

Last Edited:
@young123
As always ....what something sells for at one place in time...ain't always the case anywhere else....

For the Colt...I would say somewhere between $500 and $650.
For the Ruger I would say around $500 - $800.
Any of the above would also depend on the buyer.
Also please note...those values are on the "High Book" kinda side...and not for a quick sale price.
Andy
Thanks Andy, That is about what I was thinking on price and I know what you mean about place/time, I am just not going to shoot them and no sense in keeping them if someone else would, Thanks...J

@young123
You are very welcome.
I enjoy muzzle loading firearms...and would love to have your Colt.

However...
I am not where I can do that...I am doing layaway payments on an original Plains Rifle circa 1840 -1870....
And the black powder gun show is next month.
Wine , women and song...ain't got nothing on firearms and a man's wallet.... :D
Andy

That Ruger is always on someone's want list. That being said, it ain't " selling season " til about May or June.

If you want full price, better be prepared to wait. At least as far as the local market is concerned.
Thanks Appreciate the comment, I don't really need the money (not rich either) I am just not into BP firearms.At first I figured these we about $300-$400 new and found out diff. with a bit of research, The Colt finish is really nice. ...J

Thanks Appreciate the comment, I don't really need the money (not rich either) I am just not into BP firearms.At first I figured these we about $300-$400 new and found out diff. with a bit of research, The Colt finish is really nice. ...J
I bet the Colt has fans out there. But I know of 3 people who would dive on that Ruger if it was in the LGS counter for $500 ( if it's as nice as it looks from here)

Any caps , powder, leather, etc.? Definitely try getting everything sold in one shot if you can.

I bet the Colt has fans out there. But I know of 3 people who would dive on that Ruger if it was in the LGS counter for $500 ( if it's as nice as it looks from here)

Any caps , powder, leather, etc.? Definitely try getting everything sold in one shot if you can.
I believe my dad only shot it a few times and it is as new, I have caps/balls/Powder/ and possibly a holster, Here is a pic of the powder, Altough shipping would be the issure there, I will get a classified here is a day or two, Thanks...J
SOLD
IMG_3073.JPG

Last Edited:
I bet the Colt has fans out there. But I know of 3 people who would dive on that Ruger if it was in the LGS counter for $500
This right here. I thought about buying one of those Rugers many years ago but didn't. Then when I was thinking about it again a couple of years ago, the things were so darn high I gave up on the idea. I just don't do black powder enough to part with that kind of money.

I believe my dad only shot it a few times and it is as new, I have caps/balls/Powder/ and possibly a holster, Here is a pic of the powder, Altough shipping would be the issure there, I will get a classified here is a day or two, Thanks...J

View attachment 1825793
With black powder going for around $40 a pound...when it can be found...you have some good trading / selling stock there.
Lead round ball also is a good seller...even if the wrong caliber...it can always be melted down and remade into a different caliber.
Andy

From what I can see in the pic's those guns are gorgeous. I picked up a Ruger Old Army last May for under $600 which I thought was priced reasonably well as it's 1980 vintage, pristine, unfired. I look forward to seeing your classified ad on this forum.

My purchase:

Ruger Old Army - L.JPG

Best wishes on your sale!

@young123
March 9/10 at the Enumclaw Expo Center is a large black powder gun show.
Might be able to sell your revolvers there.
Powder too...However...you will have to sell that "out of your trunk " so to speak...since it ain't allowed inside the venue.
Andy

Last Edited:
This right here. I thought about buying one of those Rugers many years ago but didn't. Then when I was thinking about it again a couple of years ago, the things were so darn high I gave up on the idea. I just don't do black powder enough to part with that kind of money.

@young123
March 9/10 at the Enumclaw Expo Center is a large black powder gun show.
Might be able to sell your revolvers there.
Powder too...However...you will have to sell that "out of your trunk " so to speak...since it ain't allowed inside the venue.
Andy
Thanks Andy, Appreciate the advice....J

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews