JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So from what I have read on here is that it is legal to own a suppressor in WA but just can not shoot with it. Is that correct? If so, is it legal to travel to ID or OR with the gun to shoot it? I believe ID honors WA CPLs but does OR?

Thanks for any input.

Chipperxd

A silencer is not a pistol, so CPL has nothing to do with it. You can own a silencer in WA, you can put it on your gun in WA, but the law does not allow you to discharge a silenced weapon in WA, so you HAVE to drive to OR or ID to discharge it.

A silencer is not a pistol, so CPL has nothing to do with it. You can own a silencer in WA, you can put it on your gun in WA, but the law does not allow you to discharge a silenced weapon in WA, so you HAVE to drive to OR or ID to discharge it.

I was curious about the CPL because I didn't know if could CC my weapon while I was down there. :D but I guess not. thanks for clearing that up and thanks all for the input.:s0155:

You guys interested in working to get the law changed to allow use of registered silencers? The sponcors of bill 1604 which has died in committee the last several sessions say it will be introduced in 2011 under a new name. People need to write to their Reps and convince them that the silencer bill is worthy of a hearing in the Judiciary committee. You may need to actually meet with them to convince them the silencer bill is the right thing to do. Anyone game?

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top