Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Quick question about Suppressors in WA

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Chipperxd, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Chipperxd

Chipperxd Buffalo Active Member

So from what I have read on here is that it is legal to own a suppressor in WA but just can not shoot with it. Is that correct? If so, is it legal to travel to ID or OR with the gun to shoot it? I believe ID honors WA CPLs but does OR?

Thanks for any input.

Chipperxd

2. HahnsXD

HahnsXD Battle Ground WA Active Member

You have all of the above correct. Perfectly legal to travel to other states where they are legal to use. And the only permit OR honors is OR's...

3. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Correct. But as long as you don't travel with it 'concealed', you can drive to Oregon and shoot away with it.

4. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

A silencer is not a pistol, so CPL has nothing to do with it. You can own a silencer in WA, you can put it on your gun in WA, but the law does not allow you to discharge a silenced weapon in WA, so you HAVE to drive to OR or ID to discharge it.

5. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Which is completely stupid.

6. Chipperxd

I was curious about the CPL because I didn't know if could CC my weapon while I was down there. :D but I guess not. thanks for clearing that up and thanks all for the input.:thumbup:

7. Chipperxd

absolutely! :(

8. Ranb

Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

You guys interested in working to get the law changed to allow use of registered silencers? The sponcors of bill 1604 which has died in committee the last several sessions say it will be introduced in 2011 under a new name. People need to write to their Reps and convince them that the silencer bill is worthy of a hearing in the Judiciary committee. You may need to actually meet with them to convince them the silencer bill is the right thing to do. Anyone game?

Ranb