JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm new to air rifles and borrowed a couple of .177 pellet break barrel rifles a friend inherited to check them out because I'd expressed interest in getting one.

The first is a RWS Model 93 in good shape, shot great. It was made in Spain. I saw some new ones with scopes had gone for $150 from a pawn shop online, any estimates of the value?

The second one is a project gun (or worse). It's marked "Marksman Mod 40", made in W. Germany. I found a post online that said this basically a Weihrauch HW50. Besides some external rust that would need to be cleaned off, it seems like there is an issue with either the spring or seals. Round nose pellets (10.5 grain) were dropping 6" below wadcutters at 15-20yards and sometimes not penetrating a couple layers of cardboard. Does that sound like a fixable issue? Are parts available online or would it require a air rifle gunsmith?

I did some quick searches online but didn't come up with anything so I decided to ask here. Thank you.

I would keep that RWS for sure! the are a very good rifle. As for the Marksman Mod 40 I would think it would be a good experimental pellet rifle to tinker with.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top