JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not so self absorbed that I need to screw my FFL to get a gun.
Sigh!

Edit: The customer would not be screwing their FFL by asking them to facilitate having the firearm moved to an FFL that will do the no response release. The original FFL already got paid for the original background check.

Sigh!

Edit: The customer would not be screwing their FFL by asking them to facilitate having the firearm moved to an FFL that will do the no response release. The original FFL already got paid for the original background check.
The messily BGC fee doesn't offset the phone call cancel and transfer to another FFL.

My FFL won't do 3 day releases. I've been doing business with him for YEARS. I'm not about to trash him or ditch his business because he won't do what I want. I didn't even WANT a 3 day release, I prefer my purchases to be on the 100% up and up.

The messily BGC fee doesn't offset the phone call cancel and transfer to another FFL.

My FFL won't do 3 day releases. I've been doing business with him for YEARS. I'm not about to trash him or ditch his business because he won't do what I want. I didn't even WANT a 3 day release, I prefer my purchases to be on the 100% up and up.
Good to know following Federal law and State law regarding three day releases is not on the up and up. The original FFL is welcome to charge a fee for their trouble, that should help add to the elation of their customers with their stuck firearms due to FFL policy.

Good to know following Federal law and State law regarding three day releases is not on the up and up. The original FFL is welcome to charge a fee for their trouble, that should help add to the elation of their customers with their stuck firearms due to FFL policy.
I never said that it wasn't. Good to know you trash FFLs that won't do the 3 day release.

I'm done here, my opinion of this situation and you won't change regardless of your responses.

At this time 114 is on ice so people should just be patient and wait for the BGC to clear.
For anyone who was paying attention to what was happening it should not be any big deal. They saw what was ahead. The ones in a panic are going to be the ones who never pay any attention and ignore the world around them. As they find out some "new law" went in, see the stories about long lines at shops, they will then jump in line and of course it snowballs. Just like every time there is a shortage on things like ammo, primers, ect. Many of us plan ahead. Many wait till its too late then panic and we see a lot of it on the net. Human nature I guess. :s0092:

Well by golly then we definitely should be trashing any FFL that won't release right?
Well you have been around long enough to see how this works. People pay no attention to what is happening. Then they aim anger at places that had nothing to do with it. Look at my state. Last great panic how many people were screaming and stomping about how FFL's that would not follow the WA law allowing them to let a hand gun walk after 10 days should be sued out of business and such. Some here would, many would not for an easy to see reason. This did nothing to stop those who wanted them hung out to dry from screaming they should be. So here we go again. FFL's Midway, ECT. EVERYONE who had nothing to do with the stupid new law should be hammered. :(

Pays to have a CHL. And research what FFL your going through and what their procedures are.

Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.
YEP!!! After the laws went in on guns being transferred how many times did we see someone who ordered a gun, or went to buy and AFTER they started find out the hard way what the policies were at the FFL they chose? I warned over and over the time to find out how it all works was BEFORE a deal was struck and money changed hands, not after. Many seem to only learn by peeing on the electric fence. Many of them seem to have to do it multiple times and still do not learn. :s0092:

YEP!!! After the laws went in on guns being transferred how many times did we see someone who ordered a gun, or went to buy and AFTER they started find out the hard way what the policies were at the FFL they chose? I warned over and over the time to find out how it all works was BEFORE a deal was struck and money changed hands, not after. Many seem to only learn by peeing on the electric fence. Many of them seem to have to do it multiple times and still do not learn. :s0092:
Self responsibility and self accountability is a real b!tch sometimes…….

There is no one to blame except yourselves….. unless in the rare case you just turned 18/21 (grew up in a family without firearms) and can legally purchase firearms now.

Don't be mad at the process/FFLs. We all knew this day was coming eventually. Now it's here. What's the whole saying….. "Sh!t or get off the pot" or "Want in one hand, Sh!t in the other."

Before pointing fingers at FFLs I suggest taking a long and honest review of yourselves in the mirror.

Is all of this ok….. NO.
Is it right….. NO.
Is it Constitutional….. NO.
Is it happening…… YES.
Do politicians care…… NO.

7 Ps. Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

Some Oregonians are showing how poor their planning is. You can see it in their performance.

It truly amazes me how the 2A community will preach "unity" or "we need to fight this together" or "we need to all be on the same page" but the minute something goes south or one individual doesn't get "their way" or the "treatment" they deem fair, then we immediately eat our own and just trash talk like crazy.

Prime example of why the left will continue to win. Over and over and over again. We are too concerned with bickering over dumb sh!t and our focus is completely misplaced.

One thing that should be mentioned, the 3 day release is at the FFL owners discretion.
Just like the 10 day here. Some would, many would not. I never blamed those that would not. The AG here is rabid anti gun and hads what to him amounts to unlimited money to make life miserable for any FFL who gets in a bind. Sadly the Mom & Pop place we used a lot for their entire span is gone now. After we lost the ability to just buy a hand gun and walk they did let us walk with a couple of them after the 10 day wait even though they had not gotten the OK from the state. If they had not done this for me I would have still kept shopping with them. Reason if it was reversed and it was my business on the line? I would NOT have let the guns walk.

It truly amazes me how the 2A community will preach "unity" or "we need to fight this together" or "we need to all be on the same page" but the minute something goes south or one individual doesn't get "their way" or the "treatment" they deem fair, then we immediately eat our own and just trash talk like crazy.

Prime example of why the left will continue to win. Over and over and over again. We are too concerned with bickering over dumb sh!t and our focus is completely misplaced.
So why are so many bagging on the OP for a simple question??

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top