JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How many members here have firearms stuck at FFLs, in the metro area, who are not doing no response releases? Can you name the FFL? What would you be willing to pay another FFL who is doing no response releases to personally pick up your firearm and restart the background process at their shop?

Have you asked the FFL where your firearm is stuck at, if they would ship it to another FFL who is doing no response releases? What was their answer? If they said yes what would they charge to ship it to the other FFL?

I want to say yes but that will also depend on the FFL who started the paperwork. They have no obligation to release it to another FFL or to the customer until the paperwork is done.

I want to say yes but that will also depend on the FFL who started the paperwork. They have no obligation to release it to another FFL or to the customer until the paperwork is done.
I understand that. I just wanted to make sure the FFL rules/regs allowed for it. If the FFL agreed to transfer it to another FFL would the original FFL be able to cancel the existing background check without having to call OSP?

I understand that. I just wanted to make sure the FFL rules/regs allowed for it. If the FFL agreed to transfer it to another FFL would the original FFL be able to cancel the existing background check without having to call OSP?
They can cancel a transfer any time they choose. Then the firearm can be transferred to another FFL.

The FFL where the bg check is in process needs to call and cancel the transaction. The state does ask why the bg check is being canceled.
Then the firearm is free to go to whatever ffl you want.

The FFL where the bg check is in process needs to call and cancel the transaction. The state does ask why the bg check is being canceled.
Then the firearm is free to go to whatever ffl you want.
The OSP line is terribly backed up, dropping calls, etc, is there any way to cancel via computer?

Nope, only way to cancel is to call. Once the transaction is submitted the "suspend" "cancel" tabs disappear.
Bummer I am guessing most FFLs won't want to deal with trying to cancel via phone and the customers firearms are going to remain stuck. OSP needs to get their dung together. One of the guys at the shop was on hold for a few hours before OSP hung up on him, then he called back and was hung up on again after another few hours. He spent over 7 hours total on hold and never got through.

Bummer I am guessing most FFLs won't want to deal with trying to cancel via phone and the customers firearms are going to remain stuck. OSP needs to get their dung together. One of the guys at the shop was on hold for a few hours before OSP hung up on him, then he called back and was hung up on again after another few hours. He spent over 7 hours total on hold and never got through.
Sadly that is only going to get worse. There are a LOT of people just finding out about this new law. So the panic continues with people who went through life with no fing clue what was going on. Now as they find out they will run to try to buy and the state is just going to get further and further behind. I have to hope a LOT of the people who get the big run around did not bother to vote. Let them see first hand what their ignoring this brought them. 🤬

Sadly that is only going to get worse. There are a LOT of people just finding out about this new law. So the panic continues with people who went through life with no fing clue what was going on. Now as they find out they will run to try to buy and the state is just going to get further and further behind. I have to hope a LOT of the people who get the big run around did not bother to vote. Let them see first hand what their ignoring this brought them. 🤬
Since the requirement to call in transfers for those under 21 started the OSP phone lines have been packed. That requirment was sort of a de facto ban on transfers to those under 21.

The instant gratification society we live in disagrees with the wait patiently method
Shoot I guess. Why would anyone even mess with this nonsense when their BGC will get processed? So many bizarre ideas that make little sense.

Sounds like the OP gets a cut.

If you want me to take time out of my day to drive
across town to pick up a firearm. I will just charge
shop rate. Usually a trip into town takes 2.5-4 hrs
$250-$350 will do it.

Pays to have a CHL. And research what FFL your going through and what their procedures are.

Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

Shoot I guess. Why would anyone even mess with this nonsense when their BGC will get processed? So many bizarre ideas that make little sense.

Sounds like the OP gets a cut.
The queue is only growing. Unless M114 is put on ice for good the customer may not be getting their firearm for months and possibly not at all unless they get a permit.

The queue is only growing. Unless M114 is put on ice for good the customer may not be getting their firearm for months and possibly not at all unless they get a permit.
Well by golly then we definitely should be trashing any FFL that won't release right?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top