JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not a 'legal political Post' and I do not want to get this Post political turned into a trolled deteriorating tin-foil down slide .

The moment after 2008 election it was Spontaneous frenzy sales back then in inventory of all firearms, BCG's, bullets, powder, .. Etc . Hell even Cheaper than Dirt was raping the suckers for 100-$ each, for AR Mags. and there was selling 2500-$ per unit for lowest 600-$ basic entry level AR15's .
. ( Q ? ) . After November and ( IF ) the political winds blow to the 'D' again rather than the 'R' . Are we going to witness another ( sellers market ) from fear hording insanity buying of all Firearms sales and all reloading components ??? . like was witnessed back in 2008 .
. ( Q ? ) . Looking back now from 2016 to 2008, are you going to sell every one of your non-essential Firearm and accessory you own . Sell for an insane profit-$$$ to the panicking sheep and then wait a year or so and buy again with all new and shiny after the insanity clears, and inventory is back on the shelves ? .

If I can amass some money (doubtful) I will be stocking up on the ammo I shoot or invest into reloading before the elections.

I figure there will be a 6 month panick no matter who is elected.

I won't be selling anything just in case I can't replace it in the future.

Would I take advantage of the market and buy low while selling high - possibly depending on my resources and need.

To the OP. Interesting topic.
You ask the masses for response, to (I think) what you have already concluded.
Times turn full circle. Have, or haven't you?

It's not a 'legal political Post' and I do not want to get this Post political turned into a trolled deteriorating tin-foil down slide .

The moment after 2008 election it was Spontaneous frenzy sales back then in inventory of all firearms, BCG's, bullets, powder, .. Etc . Hell even Cheaper than Dirt was raping the suckers for 100-$ each, for AR Mags. and there was selling 2500-$ per unit for lowest 600-$ basic entry level AR15's .
. ( Q ? ) . After November and ( IF ) the political winds blow to the 'D' again rather than the 'R' . Are we going to witness another ( sellers market ) from fear hording insanity buying of all Firearms sales and all reloading components ??? . like was witnessed back in 2008 .
. ( Q ? ) . Looking back now from 2016 to 2008, are you going to sell every one of your non-essential Firearm and accessory you own . Sell for an insane profit-$$$ to the panicking sheep and then wait a year or so and buy again with all new and shiny after the insanity clears, and inventory is back on the shelves ? .
Id be lying of I said I didnt stock up on spare AK, AR, 92FS/M9 mags and a few AK drums in the hopes of perhaps selling them or trading them down the road for stuff I need. Im down to just a few firearms (after the boat accident) so what Ive got now I intend on keeping. but ammo and mags will always be in demand.

Im no scalper, but I saw the writing on the wall during the last panic, Im not going to be in that position again. Id rather be overstocked and looking to sell or trade than to be empty handed and panicked.
Cant blame the prepared. ;)

What Im stocking up on now is ammo, lots of it. I think online ammo sales may get messed with, or become very costly.. And from what Ive seen at local stores some selections suck, even to this day there is some selection.. But its all the common calibers and grains..

If I reloaded Id be buying primers and powder.

Lastly, I think we'll see a MASSIVE panic should Sanders or Hilldog get elected.. Mark my words, The shelves will be near bare.

I took notice of specific "brands" of ammo that "use to be" available near everywhere. Seems the norm, that, it's a good seller. Decent stuff. Then, it all of a sudden disappears from the shelves. Shortly after (or even prior too) a new "brand" manufacturer hits the shelves at a higher price. I call marketing tactics because they can't necessarily jack up the prices irrationally without losing.

I can't imagine ammo manufacturers going belly up likes what's led to show on the shelves.

Sell?

No. I don't need the "profit", what little there would be.

I have been buying guns and ammo, etc., the last six months or so because I could. I will continue that for the foreseeable future, as long as prices are reasonable.

It's a capitalistic market. Those who have the means, this is a good time to lay in a marketable supply for when things dry up in a few months...

If one can turn a profit on it, that's the result of a capitalist market...

As for me personally, I have no arms now, since that darned canoe accident... Just an old hand saw and a rusty hammer.... That'll have to do for this poor ole boy...

I don't have enough money to stock up on stuff just to sell later, or I would buy it all. I don't have a problem with capitalism, those that complain of price gouging are the ones unprepared. Guarantee there will be another crunch if Billary is elected. I have thought about buying a stripped 100% AR lower this year just for that reason. You can get a good one for about $100... would be worth 3x in a crunch. Maybe more. At the very least after a few years, it will never go down in price especially NIB.

What Im stocking up on now is ammo, lots of it. I think online ammo sales may get messed with, or become very costly.. And from what Ive seen at local stores some selections suck, even to this day there is some selection.. But its all the common calibers and grains..
you can bet on this. Online ammo is going to be targeted by the antis soon enough and the local stores will never carry the selection you will need barely when times are good and certainly wont even have bulk ammo in a crunch.

I moved and had to sell some guns. I bought some when I could to replace the ones I sold
Extended my credit to do so.
I believe if you have any credit or spare cash,your best investment right now is any and all the guns,ammo,and reloading supplies you can get your hands on.
Bernie has told the sherrif in AZ? he's coming after him if he gets elected. I'm sure ClinTON will do the same.
not sure who's side Trump is on
If I had the money or credit I would gather as much of thee above as possible

Im rebuilding a 48 Willys I cant afford a box of .22 shells. I quit buying guns and burning up ammo when I started.

So Im good for a while.

And I dont sell firearms if I didnt want them I wouldnt have bought them in the first place.

I have added 5 guns to my safe in the last 13 months, including a 50 bmg, and have ordered a 6th (still on back order after 2 months) and may pick up another AK variant tomorrow. I buy ammo and mags when I have pocket money and will be actively stocking up more on ammo and reloading supplies soon.

Not to mention dozens of blueprints that any competent machinist could use to make required components.

I won't bother trying to make a profit on the frenzy, but have no problems with people using the market. There is no morality in a market (nor should there be), but only buyers and sellers.

Won't be unless I see an opportunity. I won't lie and say I have never sold pmags at 50 a piece before.

However I will be purchasing more and more magpul pmags and glock mags in times to come. As well as ammo as it is fairly low priced right now.

I figure we are definitely in the "calm before the storm"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads