JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Status
Reactions
!!!MEMBER VENTING!!!
Wanted to know if anybody else on here selling items has had ALOT of new members or or old members with no feedback contact them?

This last 2 weeks I've had quite a few of both contact me. Set up days/times to meet and they have all flaked out, either by no show, stop contacting, lame excuses, rescheduling or just dissappear off the face of the earth and return to the website the day after the no show meet.

I understand if bubblegum comes up, but how hard is it to be on here and send a courtesy message saying "hey , its not gonna happen".

Rant over!

Been on here for 10 years and its been great. Outstanding site between @Joe Link and all of the great members on here.

Happens more than it should. No show and no communication should equal negative feedback. If something happens and they let you know - that is a different beast. We need to hold up the standards of the community, if we don't that is our fault.

Or you do meet up and do them a solid sale, leave them positive feedback, and it's ***crickets*** with no feedback in return from them.

Guess it's just an old timer's courtesy thing...you'd think in this "buy online" age these newbies be all in on the feedback/ratings system.

Last Edited:
I try to ask at the sale if the member would like feedback or not.... I've had a few say they don't want feedback or url sale linked to them.
I just find it strange a member can be on here for years with no feedback, postings, likes, etc and then start a conversation and not show up.

I think it would be easier just to deactivate these members, Same for the newbies. If your a new member with no feedback, post, badges,etc, that's when you should be trying to make a good impression with the rest of the members.

My Pet Peeve is the guys who join this forum for far away and try and convince members to break the law by shipping powder or primers.
No member should ask someone to break the law for their gain.

I sold something, got it shipped pretty quick. Left feedback for him, pimped them when they got it too.. Never got a feedback from a much more experienced member. Goes both ways chief.

You are welcome to your opinion and you should have one. But on the same note I voiced my opinion and you should show the same courtesy you are expecting. I simple agreed with you and everyone else - we as a community need to do better with feedback.

The more people you get on a site like this, the more likely you're going to get different types. As far as the feed back goes, YOU need to be the one with good communicative selling/buying habits and don't worry so much about the other guy. Ask if they would like feedback given, and say if you want feedback. As far as ME showing up to an agreed meeting spot at an agreed time and them being a no show? Simple, negative feedback. And maybe try better at reading a flakey buyer/seller with VOICE communication rather than texting only.

I don't see any sense in getting all twisted up over someone who cuts communication previous to a final "I'LL take it!" and arrangements for a meet up are finalized. Someone else will come along.

Just reminded me, I forgot to give feedback to a newish member I met up with a few days ago. Gotta go now.

I know I'm kinda an odd duck.... but, I've had several transactions on this site and many more on Spokane Gun Trader (just because it's closer) and I always request as part of the deal that there be NO feedback. I just don't want to publicize what or when I bought or who I bought it from.

That said, I imagine that if I had pissed-off the other party, I would/should have received negative feedback anyway.

I had a new member send me a message saying ( I"LL TAKE IT ) so I post pending with his handle 3days still ne contact '
He's back posting to other peeps ads just a FLAKE

I have had 4 FTF so far. Two were in the same spot on the same morning, two were out on the west side of town at the freeway exit area. All went very well. And the numerous shipped transactions have gone well. I have left feedback for all, and MOST have done the same. When we don't KNOW each other, it is all we have to go by.

I don't buy from n00bs with zero feedback
I'm sure someone will find this hurtful and offensive.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top