JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
wtf is with you guys... moonshine doesn't contain any applejuice, it just contains copious quantities of ethanol, usually made with fermenting sugar, and then distilled to 190 proof (azeotrope).

<broken link removed>

i think they were just trying to give suggestions on how to dilute it down a little and give it some flavor, is all

Just check out the local OLCC store for mini's (1 oz) and buy cases of them.

Depending on the store you can get decent Whiskey for sometimes as low as $.50 per oz.
Vodka @ $1

I put a vac bag sealed mini Vodka in each med kit.

So does anyone have a recipe to use grain alcohol for a gasoline substitute or is that not feasible without causing engine damage?

wtf is with you guys... moonshine doesn't contain any applejuice, it just contains copious quantities of ethanol, usually made with fermenting sugar, and then distilled to 190 proof (azeotrope).

<broken link removed>

OK I went did my pricing and found the everclear 190 proof and some bottles of whiskey and stuff at a fair price.

Now my question is, I saw some of the small whiskey bottles come in dense plastic now, I figure it would be less likely to break in plastic, but plastic does breathe over time from what i have read. So for you chemistry or engineer types that really know your stuff here. Should I go with dense plastic or dense glass bottles and open up the case and wrap the bottles as well as I can with newspaper to help insure they do not accidentally get broke in being moved around as everything has to be moved for one reason or another over time.

People soak cherries, lemon peel, berries, cinnamon stixs and spices. All sorts of stuff in 190 proof.

I had a guy come into my shop the other day and drop $900 the other day. I asked him what it was for and it took him awhile but he told me it was for barter if the SHTF.

My thinking is though Everclear is strong and thus a compact source of ethanol it will be too similar to Moonshine that will become much more common as stills spring up and people start making their own alcohol. I believe that another way of preparing is to stash stuff that is NOT easy to make. Aged Whiskey is what I am thinking. Makers, Jack, Crown and yes some cheaper stuff too for the less discerning palates. I think there will be a place for popular brands of whiskeys but ,as many have noted, cheap stuff has it's place as well.

It is pretty easy to make very very good tasting whisky. I can take a bottle of everclear ... a torch ... a couple 2"x2"x3" pieces of white oak and maybe one smaller applewood piece or maplewood or both.
Torch them black drop in large mason jar with 1/4 tsp fake vanilla flavoring and 1/2 tsp brown sugar ... let soak for 2 weeks ... strain and ad with equal parts water.

I have done many many attempts at various types of booze and many many types of flavorings ... but recipes similar to the above usually are easier cheaper and better.

Haven't figured out how to make tequila flavors tho.

Anytime I travel through California I stop by a Costco and stock up.... It usually is 30-50% less than stores in Oregon...
Sometimes they have great sales on top shelf stuff.....

Alright ... I started writing this three times before.
Now I will because I have stocked up ... maybe.

You need to check out the local Oregon Liquor stores and look for minis on clearance.

They clearance them at 50 cents each.
15 make a fifth which = $7.50 per fifth ...
I have gotten great whiskey, vodka, gin, irish whiskey, and a whole lot more varieties that typically run from $12-$22 per fifth in the larger bottle.

Again ... the little vodkas are perfect for med kits.
Sterilize or have a shot.

I got a bunch of Mini's and am picking up a case of 5ths, Everclear 190 proof, gonna open the case and repack around the bottles with a little extra cushion, crumpled up news paper.

When I do that, I will pick up another 40 or 50 mini's, I call minis shock treatment 101

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top