JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok,

Personally this is something I have touched in Many years (I tend to stick with a single glass of wine or a beer at home) and when I did it was mixed, although I did drink a little hard drinkwhen I was younger.

Question is, has anyone come across an online store with super good deals for some decent stuff.

Also, we all know there is some rot gut stuff out there and that we get to pay extra for the nam brand stuff. ANd no longer knowing what is a good price and what are some off brand names that are just as good or close to it, can anyone give me some recommendations and what a fair price should be??

I want to put a few cases away for shtf for shock tratment and trade goods

Ok,

Personally this is something I have touched in Many years (I tend to stick with a single glass of wine or a beer at home) and when I did it was mixed, although I did drink a little hard drinkwhen I was younger.

Question is, has anyone come across an online store with super good deals for some decent stuff.

Also, we all know there is some rot gut stuff out there and that we get to pay extra for the nam brand stuff. ANd no longer knowing what is a good price and what are some off brand names that are just as good or close to it, can anyone give me some recommendations and what a fair price should be??

I want to put a few cases away for shtf for shock tratment and trade goods

If it's really for that then go with the cheapest stuff you can find. the good stuff is not any better than the cheap stuff for medicinal purposes and if shtf the cheap stuff will be just as good for trading.

thinking about it I'm going to try that line on the other half:woot::woot:

Your way better off buying Ever Clear 190 proof. Once the SHTF no one will care what it tastes like they will be after the buzz. And you can mix it down with almost anything. a fifth of 190 proof Ever Clear is equal to 2 fifths of 95 proof anything else for making the buzz and its more compact.

I have a few pints of it put away. (seams I use it more for cleaning then anything else LOL)

Your way better off buying Ever Clear 190 proof. Once the SHTF no one will care what it tastes like they will be after the buzz. And you can mix it down with almost anything. a fifth of 190 proof Ever Clear is equal to 2 fifths of 95 proof anything else for making the buzz and its more compact.

I have a few pints of it put away. (seams I use it more for cleaning then anything else LOL)

+1 with Mark, I wouldn't hesitate to clean around a wound etc with Ever Clear. It burns pretty good too!

Ok so everclear it is, now has anyone had taken and mixed it with like 50% peach juice or anything for flavor, like I said before I do not frink hard spirits but shtf well, a good jolt once in a while might be just what a person needs.

I leave way east of most on here like a couple K miles, I will see if a friend can get it at the base commisssary near me. What would be a good size like a 1/3 or 1/2 liter for storing and trading and hiding??

Ok so everclear it is, now has anyone had taken and mixed it with like 50% peach juice or anything for flavor, like I said before I do not frink hard spirits but shtf well, a good jolt once in a while might be just what a person needs.

Do a search on line for apple pie drink recipes but be for warned it dosn't take a lot to end up laying on the ground howling at the moon dressed in buckskins and smelling of Black Powder. (don't ask how I know)

Do a search on line for apple pie drink recipes but be for warned it dosn't take a lot to end up laying on the ground howling at the moon dressed in buckskins and smelling of Black Powder. (don't ask how I know)

yeah In me younger days I did that a few times, I would most definitely dilute it to less than 50% more myself.

You should be able to have any decent Oregon liquor store order you anything available in the state. In Salem the Huge Liquor Store at Center and Lancaster has a pretty wild variety of stuff. If its Vodka or Tequila then the store in Woodburn has the best variety I have ever seen.

The problem with a still is that the feedstock is going to be hard to come by if SHTF. Where are you going to get a bushel of corn or molasses by the ton in a collapse?

Whether you paid $10 or $12 for that bottle of hooch will matter very little if you find yourself trading it for the antibiotics that cure your dysentery..

Here is a basic recipe for the legendary apple pie moonshine. It's really easy to make, and you don't even need moonshine (though you can't really call it apple pie moonshine if you don't use moonshine.)

Ingredients:

1 gallon apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
3 cups white sugar
8 cinnamon sticks
1 liter bottle of Everclear

Directions

In a large stock pot, combine the apple cider, apple juice, sugar, and cinnamon sticks.
Bring it to a boil, then take it off the heat and allow it to cool.
Add the liter of high proof liquor.
Pour this into mason jars, put the lids on, and let it mellow out. You could drink it right away, but it does get better after a couple of weeks.

This recipe makes about 9 quarts of apple pie moonshine. You could easily cut this recipe in half if that is too much.
Warning! Apple pie moonshine will sneak up on you! This stuff is so smooth and tasty. Use with CAUTION!

I worked up in Ocean Shores in January, went for a supply run. At the Top grocery in Aberdeen they actually sell Moonshine. Guess its legal in Washington, has the tax stamp to make it legal. Different flavors too. Bout $28 per quart. I'm not sure if they carry it in Oregon yet.

I leave way east of most on here like a couple K miles, I will see if a friend can get it at the base commisssary near me. What would be a good size like a 1/3 or 1/2 liter for storing and trading and hiding??

PEPPERMINT SCHNAPPS
10 cups of water

2 1/2 cups of sugar

Stir sugar into water as it is being heated to a boil (while drinking a beer)

After the mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes (while drinking another beer)

Cool mixture to room temperature (while drinking at least acouple mo' beers)

Stir in 1 pint of 190 proof grain alcohol (turn off the flame, it's very flammable) and peppermint extract.
Get two 1oz. bottles of extract and add according to taste starting with 1oz. (Rink smore beer)
I recommend an entire fifth of the grain alcohol (moonshine or Everclear) and 2 oz. of extract.

Here's a tip: If you or your helper have a sinus problem, stand near the pot when you pour the extract in. Your sinus problem will disappear for a while.

Now comes the hard part:

Put the stuff in bottles. (Have someone go get some more beer, you really shouldn't be driving by now and you will need the help pouring the mixture into bottles. Have a beer or two with your helper.)

Makes at least 3 quarts, so you will need two 1 quart bottles. I guess you will have to drink the rest of it.
I found it took 4 fifth bottles with just a little left over, but remember, I used a fifth of the grain alcohol.

Keep in cool place, kinda like the dog house that you will be in by now for getting so drunk!
It's best from the freezer. The grain alcohol is the anti-freeze.

Remember folks, "Enjoy in Moderation" ('bout a quart at a time)

Ingredients:
11c. water
4c. white sugar
Boil together until sugar is dissolved. Cool and add:
1pint(375 ml) everclear
1oz. pure extract ( which ever flavor you choose)
Directions:
This makes a large batch. Store in quart jars or cleaned empty liquor bottles. If you cannot find the flavor of extract you want, you can use a 3oz. bottle of flavoring and an envelop of regular kool-aid.
Personal Notes:
Rootbeer is awesome. For the strawberry add the kool-aid.

wtf is with you guys... moonshine doesn't contain any applejuice, it just contains copious quantities of ethanol, usually made with fermenting sugar, and then distilled to 190 proof (azeotrope).

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads