JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't answer your question about cheap vodka, but what I do when it comes to stocking alcohol for TEOTWAWKI is buying and storing Everclear (190 proof, 95% grain alcohol). My reasoning for this is that it's a multipurpose item - it's a good antiseptic, it can be used as a clean burning fuel for lamps or stoves, and finally it can be traded either as-is or by diluting it yourself with other consumable liquids down to around 40% ABV, so it would be "worth" just as much as other liquors like vodka when it comes to bartering.

I haven't done the math, but if you diluted it down to vodka ABV levels I think the buy price would probably be pretty similar to cheap-ish vodkas.

The only place in Oregon to buy booze is the liquor store. As the state controls the booze only a liquor store or retailer can purchase from the distributors. Unless something has changed, and I don't believe it has. Much as I enjoy my booze I wouldn't trade 20 cartridges of .22LR for a half pint of anything in dire circumstances.

The only place in Oregon to buy booze is the liquor store. As the state controls the booze only a liquor store or retailer can purchase from the distributors. Unless something has changed, and I don't believe it has. Much as I enjoy my booze I wouldn't trade 20 cartridges of .22LR for a half pint of anything in dire circumstances.
You might be able to buy at a store on some Indian reservations (some reservations prohibit alcohol), but not sure if the prices would be any better than the OLCC stores. Apparently the prices in the Oregon stores are better than in WA state?

If we were to revert to the Stone Age, the use of alcohol as a topical antiseptic and crude surgical anesthetic will make its worth skyrocket. We'd run out of all the xyz-icillin real fast.

Makes me think to buy the actual things alcohol could be used for now. Like actual alcohol, bleach, and medicines. I love the little bar soaps from hotels. Some still use them and I ask for extras.

California has booze all over the place. I don't know about shipping from there or any permits needed. But grocery stores, liquor stores, gas stations, everywhere.

Makes me think to buy the actual things alcohol could be used for now. Like actual alcohol, bleach, and medicines. I love the little bar soaps from hotels. Some still use them and I ask for extras.

California has booze all over the place. I don't know about shipping from there or any permits needed. But grocery stores, liquor stores, gas stations, everywhere.
Bleach, iodine and actual water treatment is better than trying to cure your giardia with everclear. Being from Southern California, we did have booze at every common retailer. When I moved here and tried to get my wife some Crown Royal from Target the employee that I asked had the most confused look.
"Hey man where's the Crown Royal?"
"….uh at the liquor store?"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews