JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have the chance to trade for 1,000 55 gr Rem 223 psp bullets, and another 1,000 55 gr 223 jhp bullets (projectiles) for reloading.

Does anyone have any experience with how these feed in an AR-15?

Equally important, does the feed ramp deform the points, ruining the bullet and the accuracy?

I have the brass prepped and the primers and powder, but I hate to waste the money on the bullets if they are best for bolt action only or if there is some other problem. ??

I read yesterday that the feed ramp on a DPMS LR-308 T will deform psp 308 bullets, but that a "real" AR-10 won't, and that got me to wondering. ??

Does anyone shoot psp or jhp bullets in an AR-15? FWIW I have a Del-Ton and an Armalite.

Thanks! :s0155:

The jacketed should feed fine.The point should not contact at all.
I would load minimal amount and test though.
If they do not work though they are good for a 22-250 that weight. If they don't work for you I'll buy the jacketed from you.:D

The jacketed should feed fine.The point should not contact at all.
I would load minimal amount and test though.
If they do not work though they are good for a 22-250 that weight. If they don't work for you I'll buy the jacketed from you.:D

I'm not sure I understand. Both types are "jacketed," it's just that one batch is psp and the other is jhp.

I have to take all 2,000 bullets and then I'd have to test. I'm hoping to use someone else's experience rather than to find out that they don't work after I get them.

This question just came up while reading about the DPMS LR 308 yesterday. I guess it isn't a "real" AR-10 and has a unique feed ramp. Good to know, for me.

Does anyone actually shoot psp or jhp bullets in an AR-15?

I have shot both out styles psp and jhp out of several AR's. Never a problem other then the psp dont seem too group well. The M4 feed ramps don't seem to make a difference when compared to the gun that doesn't have them.
Sierra matchking and gameking are both very accurate jhp bullets.

I have shot psp without any problems. I have never patterned them but I was able to hit a pop can no problem at 80 yds or so. I have only shot a few rounds so thats all the experience I have.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top