JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't tried IWB, but I see pics of guys with such a holster and their shirt is tucked in.

I can't figure out how you tuck in a shirt when the holster has the part that comes out and over the waistband, and attaches to the belt.

Stupid question I know - flame away - I deserve it. :D

It just doesn't compute for my little pea-brain. :)

Thanks.

Cliff

I haven't tried IWB, but I see pics of guys with such a holster and their shirt is tucked in.

I can't figure out how you tuck in a shirt when the holster has the part that comes out and over the waistband, and attaches to the belt.

Stupid question I know - flame away - I deserve it. :D

It just doesn't compute for my little pea-brain. :)

Thanks.

Cliff

As in tucked in so the gun is concealed by the shirt? And the belt tab(s) are still visible? :confused:
It'd just about have to be a belly band type rig to be IWB and shirt tuckable.... or you've got it shoved in your shorts. :p

Got photos of what you're referring to?

C

Some holsters have what is called a "J-hook" that allows you to still tuck in a shirt...

A lot of holsters give you the option when ordering for belt loops or j-hooks...

OK, thanks. I googled that and found this. Makes sense now.

jyyyyyyyyyyjpg.jpg

As in tucked in so the gun is concealed by the shirt? And the belt tab(s) are still visible? :confused:
It'd just about have to be a belly band type rig to be IWB and shirt tuckable.... or you've got it shoved in your shorts. :p

Got photos of what you're referring to?

C

Yes, I had been seeing holsters more like this. Didn't make sense.

jpppppppppppp.jpg

Never seen a 'J' hook that deep before... I guess, if you were so inclined, you could tuck your shirt in.

The last time I tucked my shirt in was for a funeral 4 years ago, so shirt tuckin' is not such a common denominator for me. :D

C

I wear an "answer" with my Kimber. http://www.tuckergunleatherblog.com/category/the-answer/ Yes, I can tuck, and sometimes do. I just pull some of the shirt out so the hooks aren't so obvious. Most of the time I just wear a t-shirt, then throw a short or long sleeve button up over it, untucked. It is much easier to get a good grip on my handgun quickly that way -- I just use my hand to pull up my shirt slightly then get my grip.

I've been carrying my handgun in an IWB holster called the Minotaur sold by Comp-Tac.com. Runs about $80 which is rather spendy in my opinion but it is extremely comfortable. I can wear all day without getting sore. I've even fallen asleep on my couch while wearing it. It does have the 'j' hooks so even with a tucked in shirt the belt hooks are visible. I usually tuck in a white t-shirt and wear another one over top of that. I've only had this set up for a few months so I think the two shirt plan will be out the window for the summer:)

Today I was wearing a long sleeved shirt that must be tucked in while carrying... all I do is leave a portion of my shirt blouse around the gun with the shirt tail tucked into my pants on either holster. I live outside of Medford if you want to meet sometime and I can show you what I do.

Charles

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads