JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I haven't tried IWB, but I see pics of guys with such a holster and their shirt is tucked in.

I can't figure out how you tuck in a shirt when the holster has the part that comes out and over the waistband, and attaches to the belt.

Stupid question I know - flame away - I deserve it. :D

It just doesn't compute for my little pea-brain. :)

Thanks.

Cliff

I haven't tried IWB, but I see pics of guys with such a holster and their shirt is tucked in.

I can't figure out how you tuck in a shirt when the holster has the part that comes out and over the waistband, and attaches to the belt.

Stupid question I know - flame away - I deserve it. :D

It just doesn't compute for my little pea-brain. :)

Thanks.

Cliff

As in tucked in so the gun is concealed by the shirt? And the belt tab(s) are still visible? :confused:
It'd just about have to be a belly band type rig to be IWB and shirt tuckable.... or you've got it shoved in your shorts. :p

Got photos of what you're referring to?

C

Some holsters have what is called a "J-hook" that allows you to still tuck in a shirt...

A lot of holsters give you the option when ordering for belt loops or j-hooks...

OK, thanks. I googled that and found this. Makes sense now.

jyyyyyyyyyyjpg.jpg

As in tucked in so the gun is concealed by the shirt? And the belt tab(s) are still visible? :confused:
It'd just about have to be a belly band type rig to be IWB and shirt tuckable.... or you've got it shoved in your shorts. :p

Got photos of what you're referring to?

C

Yes, I had been seeing holsters more like this. Didn't make sense.

jpppppppppppp.jpg

Never seen a 'J' hook that deep before... I guess, if you were so inclined, you could tuck your shirt in.

The last time I tucked my shirt in was for a funeral 4 years ago, so shirt tuckin' is not such a common denominator for me. :D

C

I wear an "answer" with my Kimber. http://www.tuckergunleatherblog.com/category/the-answer/ Yes, I can tuck, and sometimes do. I just pull some of the shirt out so the hooks aren't so obvious. Most of the time I just wear a t-shirt, then throw a short or long sleeve button up over it, untucked. It is much easier to get a good grip on my handgun quickly that way -- I just use my hand to pull up my shirt slightly then get my grip.

I've been carrying my handgun in an IWB holster called the Minotaur sold by Comp-Tac.com. Runs about $80 which is rather spendy in my opinion but it is extremely comfortable. I can wear all day without getting sore. I've even fallen asleep on my couch while wearing it. It does have the 'j' hooks so even with a tucked in shirt the belt hooks are visible. I usually tuck in a white t-shirt and wear another one over top of that. I've only had this set up for a few months so I think the two shirt plan will be out the window for the summer:)

Today I was wearing a long sleeved shirt that must be tucked in while carrying... all I do is leave a portion of my shirt blouse around the gun with the shirt tail tucked into my pants on either holster. I live outside of Medford if you want to meet sometime and I can show you what I do.

Charles

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads