JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No free lunch....44 mag is $1.00 per round, period.
Go on Ammoseek.com and pick something out.
If you are unsure of the seller or product, post it here and we can comment.

Or contact @oremike and see if he will reload for you if you can gather the components.

I am finding the same. Most pleasant outing with the big wheelguns. :)
Yep last time I shot just because I can I brought my GP-100 .357 Mag and 629 44 Mag for double action shooting and a Standard Blackhawk in 41 Mag and my Ruger Bisley 45 Colt. All shooting high end loads made with heavy bullets and W-296 powder.

I am finding the same. Most pleasant outing with the big wheelguns. :)
Big wheel gun go boom.
867567AD-9F7D-4630-A06D-7642046A96A8.jpeg

See ifns I can find it, but I recently saw a meme about the .500 revolver... something about using it to confront a burglar, hiding behind the refrigerator, in the house next door.

Question …. 44 Mag Ammo

1st …. Let me say . I know its all expensive right now …BUT , is there any " Lower End " 44 Mag ammo out there I can use just for Target Shooting without breaking the bank ??? I don't reload ( maybe I should ) , so I need to buy new . Grandkids are wanting to shoot. THANKS Guys and Gals for you input . Be Nice
how old are your grand kids? my grandson is 22 and won't have any thing to do with centerfire anything, loves shooting .22

The questions always get switched around, 'ya oughta reload!'

Yep, everyone knows that, but not everyone is inclined to do so. I used to reload A LOT, and still have all the dies, presses, and even components to reload everything I shoot regularly. But even I don't reload any more.

So when somebody asks what's a good suggestion for store bought ammo, I would rather answer their question as opposed to telling them to do something differently.

20 guys will tell a poster he should reload, while only a couple will answer the only question he asked. :cool: But what do I know? :) I think the OP should buy a yellow bicycle.
I get what you are saying but since the OP stated, "I don't reload ( maybe I should )," some of us were simply nudging him toward this option. Especially since currently the other options suck. Blazer, aluminum cased, is currently on Target Sports for $60 / 50. For the cost of a few boxes of this you could be up and running with a used press. Components are starting to show up again, more so than 44 ammo from what I'm seeing.

So it's not exactly like the OP asked what 44 should I buy and we responded, "Buy a shotgun." :cool:

I get what you are saying but since the OP stated, "I don't reload ( maybe I should )," some of us were simply nudging him toward this option. Especially since currently the other options suck. Blazer, aluminum cased, is currently on Target Sports for $60 / 50. For the cost of a few boxes of this you could be up and running with a used press. Components are starting to show up again, more so than 44 ammo from what I'm seeing.

So it's not exactly like the OP asked what 44 should I buy and we responded, "Buy a shotgun." :cool:
I hope you didn't take me too seriously.:s0119:

I hope you didn't take me too seriously.:s0119:
Naaaa, and I completely get where you are coming from on that. And since my bride reminds me that when given choices of A or B, I'm the guy the seems to always pick C... I do try and watch this when responding to others. Your thoughts on using Target Sports is overall a great one, (use them frequently) unfortunately that ammo is just spendy right now.

Another suggestion for the OP, check gun shows for new, old stock (i.e., 30 year old, but new ammo). At the last ARPC show there were some GREAT deals to be had in this area. I've had good luck with this stuff going bang and still being accurate. The boxes then become decorations for the reloading bench area.

To the OP, @shotgun, have you reloaded before and know how to use the stuff? If so, I may be able to scrounge up an extra setup to lend to you (temporarily) for loading some of these rounds. I drive through Silverton almost every day headed to or from work. I may be able to help out with components too.

To the OP, @shotgun, have you reloaded before and know how to use the stuff? If so, I may be able to scrounge up an extra setup to lend to you (temporarily) for loading some of these rounds. I drive through Silverton almost every day headed to or from work. I may be able to help out with components too.
That is VERY NICE of you .... BUT my only reloading was with shotgun loading Duck and Trap loads years ago .... Plus , I do have a friend that would load me some if I can find 44 Brass for him to use .... So , Thanks anyway .

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top