JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Trust me in saying, if someone is in my home at night, or wherever I may be sleeping, my birthday attire will be scorned.
Any marine canvas, tent, or leather worker should have the necessary tools. Also, given the sewing machine, most should be able to handle the task with a heavy needle.

Ares Gear Aegis or Aegis Enhanced. Simply outstanding! Not cheap though. But it's miles ahead of Wilderness Instructors belts. It infinitely adjustable due to the slide type buckle. And it's also very subtle and doesn't scream tactical or "shoot me first." It's great for EDC as it can be threaded like a normal belt...unlike belts with cobra buckles. And it's rigid as hell and can standup to any range loadout you want to throw at it.

Someone posted about the SOE belt above. They make a fine product to. Just don't piss John off (the owner) and you'll be fine. ;-)

And if you do go with a Wilderness belt, my advice is to get the one with the insert in it. Otherwise they don't seem to hold up so well. YMMV.

http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=99_108&zenid=eq32vfutr7knespvai66fbm735

Filson double layer harness leather. Off the shelf, no wait. Mine cost me eighty bucks at the Seattle Filson factory. If it wears out they will give you another one. It has held up my pants and a standard 1911 all day every day for four years and is showing no signs of wear.

I have a blade-tech leather belt. Very sturdy, so much so that it keeps your trousers open in a jump in position (like at the fire station). Good thing is that it also looks like a dress belt.

I wear a Galco belt that I got on Amazon for about $30.00. It is 1/4" thick x 1.75" tall, so it works with all of the holsters I have. I have been impressed with its wearability but the coating near the buckle holes has started to come off. For the money it is very nice, but it is not the highest quality piece.

Lost some weight and now my Blackhawk wraps around too far ...

I am in a similar situation, my gun belt is much to big for me now. Loosing weight has been really expensive for me, I had to "toss" over $1000 worth of cloths, including nice work shirts and blazers.

IMG_3329.JPG

I have used a 1.5''x 36'' Bull hide belt from The Beltman for the last 9 years. It's 1/4'' thick and very stiff. I have worn it every day. It's been my only belt.

It makes a great girdle of support. And cost's $80 + Shipping.
[That works out to about $9 a year]

I just bought a 1.5''x 36'' Horse hide belt from the same. For about $100. It's even stiffer.
I have only had this one a month. But so far so good. I really like it.

I bought a Bushido Tactical Operator/Shooters belt a few weeks ago and words will not express how pleased I am with this purchase! Paid $68.99 and $6.90 shipping for a total of $75.89. I was a little tentative about spending this much on a belt I had never tried before but as it turned out it is one of the best belt buys I've ever made. At 1.5" wide, this will fit through all my uniform pant loops but also my civie pants. The only belt I know of with a Cobra buckle that is designed so you don't have to thread the belt through the buckle each time you put it on or remove it. The female end of the Cobra buckle swivels sideways to allow threading through belt loops without removing the buckle and readjusting the belt each time. Plenty rigid enough for any gear or holsters that you have too.

Good stuff!!

Wilderness Frequent Flyer - same as the standard but with the plastic rings. Wear it every day, everywhere. Simple black. Goes with everything I own - if I'm dressing fancy, then I've probably got a vest or jacket on that would cover my waist anyway :D

My wife picked up a nice belt from Ted Blocker, as she prefers the look of leather, since she actually cares about how she looks :rolleyes: I think we paid a whopping $60 - and that belt is going to last forever. Nice and thick, sturdy, and good looking. If I ever 'need' a leather belt myself, I'll be paying them a visit.

If you get a 1.5" wide belt, fitting through belt loops is a non issue because even the girliest skinny jeans have 1.5" loops. :p Wider is certainly nicer when it comes to load distribution, but you don't need a 2" wide belt to pack around a pistol and a spare mag.

A budget belt that I have found to hold up pretty well even to a fat guy who drives dump truck (being in a sitting position while being shook all around is very hard on a belt) Is sold by Target (I assume others if your worried you might have to pee while there LOL) Its made or at least sold under the name

Swiss Gear its 1.375" and runs about $25.00

https://www.swissgear.com/belts/#prod-top

I'm a huge fan of Alien Gear belts (and holsters). They are very sturdy and I haven't had any issues in the 6 months I've had the belt while carrying almost everyday. I've had no sag etc due to the leather quality and the spring steel core. They are all built to order which takes about 5 weeks however it's well worth it for $60. They give you 7 days to try the belt when you receive it and a one year guarantee. http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-gun-belt.html

I am on a very tight budget at the moment so I had to go "cheap." I went with an Amish handcrafted belt on ebay for $33 shipped. Its a quality belt for sure, it will last a very long time. However, its not as stiff as a gun belt, its as thick as my Crossbreed Belt, but not as stiff.

Don't get me wrong, this will hold up my p938 easily without sag, but its not good for my XD Mod.2 .45 with 20 rounds. I will have to save up some coin for a $80 gun belt before winter comes along. I am happy with this Amish belt, I needed a new belt anyway, I need a couple to be honest. However, I need something a little stiffer for my heavier carry pistols.

I am on a very tight budget at the moment so I had to go "cheap." I went with an Amish handcrafted belt on ebay for $33 shipped. Its a quality belt for sure, it will last a very long time. However, its not as stiff as a gun belt, its as thick as my Crossbreed Belt, but not as stiff.

Don't get me wrong, this will hold up my p938 easily without sag, but its not good for my XD Mod.2 .45 with 20 rounds. I will have to save up some coin for a $80 gun belt before winter comes along. I am happy with this Amish belt, I needed a new belt anyway, I need a couple to be honest. However, I need something a little stiffer for my heavier carry pistols.

Unless you have to have leather - you can get a sturdy gun belt for half of what you're talking about. A Wilderness 5 stitch 1.5" can be had for $45 and will more than hold up your XD. You want stiffer, for a few bucks extra they can add the polymer stiffener to it. They come in black, green, and tan colors.

How long is the grip on that .45 that it's got 20 rounds in it? o_O I know the 9 holds 20 and it has a grip that's just a bit longer than the average full size. 20 rnds of .45ACP is going to be hard to conceal in any belt holster. Unless you're 7 feet tall. :D

How long is the grip on that .45 that it's got 20 rounds in it? o_O I know the 9 holds 20 and it has a grip that's just a bit longer than the average full size. 20 rnds of .45ACP is going to be hard to conceal in any belt holster. Unless you're 7 feet tall. :D

Its called a spare magazine, which is on the waist carried by the belt as well. :p

I carry the extended 13 round magazine as a spare. I have the 9 round magazine with a pierce +extension that adds one round, plus one in the chamber. So in reality I was a little off, I carry 24 rounds of .45 in the winter... :eek:

Unless you have to have leather
:D

Yes, I have to have leather. I am not a fan of synthetic woven belts they don't match my outfits. I am not one to wear cargo style pants or shorts. I like Tan, Brown, Black leather belts. I dress in slim fitting jeans or slacks, shirt often tucked in, sometimes with a blazer sometimes not.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top