JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm long overdue for a new CC belt. Slow girth increase forced me to leave the belt I had in the drawer. I tried several, average leather belts while trying to avoid the $100+ "quality" mark, only to have spent nearly that already. It's time. Time to stop the procrastinating and pay the price so I can move on.

I'm wanting a nice, sturdy, 1/4" thick, custom piece. Hand made by a craftsman in USA.
Made by Zach at Zach's Custom Gun Belts

This is my next necessity. You might choose to share your suggestions for others. ;)

I gave up on leather because of its absorption and because fluctuation in my size isnt easy to adjust for with a standard buckle with holes. Ive switched to reinforced nylon type riggers belts. They are easy to keep tight regardless of my current size and how I choose to carry that day. They can also be had with polymer buckles that are airport friendly.

Riggers belts? I'll look into them before I commit to a 9 week waiting period.
Are there any I should steer away from?

Stay away from spec ops brand belts. The belt quality is great but the finish on the buckle comes resulting in sweat corroding the buckle.
I suppose if you're not active that wouldn't be an issue.

The riggers belt is the way I went. I think I did pretty well. I found a Wilderness Tactical with Titanium buckle, that looks like it was not even worn. There's no fraying on the velcro. For $45!! They sell for $105. I think I scored. :D

<broken link removed>

The riggers belt, they're simple. Thanks for the suggestion!

Now, based on Easter sale, is a good route to take. I already bought a belt.
Note to purchasee, a 34" waist, "should" order a 38" belt for AIWB.

Be sure to size correctly, based on belt array.

I have a Wilderness Products belt that I mostly like except:
1) Buckle sure is noisy to put on and off
2) Wide and thick means it will barely fit standard jeans loops
3) The velcro, designed to control the loose end, apparently takes most of the tension that the buckle should be taking. Anyway the velcro dies after a while, and it's not very easy to replace. I finally just took the velcro off; that allowed just enough room to stick the loose end under a belt loop like a normal belt. Once in a while I need to cinch up the belt because the buckle slips. :rolleyes:

I like the fitment
1) Not really an issue
2) It fits my Lee and Levi pants no problem when I suck in the abs...lol.
3) Considering I bought second hand, I've got a supplier of marine grade velcro, with some set aside when it wears out.

When all else fails, grab an industrial zip-tie. ;)
Only problem, you may be pooped by the time you get it off!!

Ever wonder why shoulder holsters were invented? Same reason 'suspenders' were invented!
Back in Da Day men's trousers had pockets..pockets that 10-12" deep. Haberdashers sold more than men's hats; in their day they were the equivalent of Urban Outfitters. Wanna pack some serious heat and look neat?? There are always PPL with Tailor Skillz that will, for a high dollar, remake you
th?id=OIP.M304695647d9a14dcf8a96d2533928967H1&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg

I've bought belts from an Amish craftsman on ebay. They're at least 1/4" thick and 1.5" to 2" wide. I get the 1.75" belt and it has lasted for over 6+ years of everyday wear with a Galco F.L.E.T.C.H. High-Rise and a full sized pistol (Ruger P85). The vertical rigidity needed for a standard holster is more than adequate, and I think I paid $30. Of course I saddle soap and oil my belt when I do my boots, and this makes all the difference in life and performance of the belt.
Plus, as a belt buckle collector, I can put on almost any buckle. Although, unless they're really strong buckles, I'll pull out the ring in a matter of months, and this particular belt has lasted longer than most buckles I've had! Recently I found these hand made buckles (Northwest Brass Works has some great buckles, and they're the best made by far I've ever had, and I've collected belt buckles since I was a kid:http://www.northwestbrassworks.com/index.html ) and I haven't had any kind of belt or holster failure.

Last Edited:
About the noisiness... if anyone is ever in a situation trying to put on trousers before taking on somebody breaking in, it might make a difference... o_O

I don't have an industrial sewing machine to put new velcro on, either. Trying to find someone to do it is just another PITA and cost. Yes to the zip tie though!

I had a local guy make me a 2" belt. But some trousers won't take a 2" belt.
But I tell ya it is a stout belt. Plus it's big enough to wear out side the loops if I need to
Check out a local cobbler/leather guy and see if he can fix you up.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top