JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, this was me behind the sticks playing with a new toy I bought. It started off OK and then went SOUTH quick! I was flying a new quad in windy conditions along with not having the experience needed for a quad. Have flown helicopters for a long time but this thing got away from me quick. I tried to correct but the wind kept taking it farther away. It finally landed itself after I pressed the panic button. I drove around for a while until I finally found it, sitting in a vacant lot with the LEDs blinking like it was ready for more. Enjoy and laugh away!

Well according to many NWFA members, you ought to be jailed and your drone shot. There's no reason to have a drone except for trying to spy on peoples' 16 year old daughters sunbathing in their sorta fenced backyards. You're just damn lucky it wasn't taken out with droneshot. Justifiably so.

Yup. That's exactly why I bought it. I think I'll turn myself in to the local authorities as well as surrender my firearms.

Yes, this was me behind the sticks playing with a new toy I bought. It started off OK and then went SOUTH quick! I was flying a new quad in windy conditions along with not having the experience needed for a quad. Have flown helicopters for a long time but this thing got away from me quick. I tried to correct but the wind kept taking it farther away. It finally landed itself after I pressed the panic button. I drove around for a while until I finally found it, sitting in a vacant lot with the LEDs blinking like it was ready for more. Enjoy and laugh away!

That'll teach ya..... dang pervert! :D;)

What quad do you have? Did you see my video and pics from the machine gun shoot using my Phantom 3 Pro

Oh man, the Phantoms are sooo nice. Mine is a cheap-o Syma. I bought just to get a feel for them as I've flown helis for quite a while.

And @Stomper my skills clearly show i have a ways to go to be a pervert! :p:D

Hillsboro? You know there is an airport right? You have to comply with the FAA regulations.

I'm pretty sure anything under 500' is not regulated but I could be wrong.

Oh man, the Phantoms are sooo nice. Mine is a cheap-o Syma. I bought just to get a feel for them as I've flown helis for quite a while.

And @Stomper my skills clearly show i have a ways to go to be a pervert! :p:D

That was pretty cool even if it didn't go as planned.

I'm a pervert and can't fly a quad at all, it's not something you really have to work on:p:p.

My first RC plane I took out just before dusk and of course it got dark faster then I thought. Could not see the wings and did a nose dive straight into the dirt. Had to replace most of the parts...

I've wrecked and rebuilt an RC helicopter so many times I should have just ponied up all that cash and bought a nice one instead of a cheap one - wanted to get a feel for it after hours and hours on simulators (i.e. Video games lol).

Never got into the RC cars thankfully:D.

Can you see the video IRT or do you have to review it after it has been recovered?

And auto land is sounds like a great function.

I fly small RC planes and quad copters, usually around Forest Grove and SW Portland ball fields.

Halfway home last month, I stopped on a side road to get some video footage of an open field on my little 808 camera. It was fine for 3-4 minutes, then along came a helicopter heading for Hillsboro. Probably a VFR student on final, I'm guessing 200-300 AGL tops.

I was about the same altitude, so I dropped and landed before he passed directly over my head. Grabbed my bird and split. FAA RC license or not, I'd hate to see one of my toys go into the intake or prop of a real aircraft, with or without a mishap. Even that far from OHI, I was surprised they flew so low over there.

Last Edited:
I'm pretty sure I saw Bigfoot in the woods:D. Glad you were able to recover it. In my neighborhood someone put up a sign asking if anybody has seen his rouge drone!:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top